Prototype The Withered Arm

bogusman

Western Thunderer
Superb photos Phil and Ross nice to see the withered arm in colour. I recognize some of the stations but not all any chance of a caption on where  they are as I am a western man I do have a soft spot for this region of the southern (been and brought myself a Finney Bulleid to build :eek:).

Pete

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Thanks for the comments guys. I'm afraid I can't offer any information on these slides as no details came with them, but if anyone wishes to identify any locations then feel free.
These category's are now full, so I'm afraid there are no more to add, the rest are mainly BR (SR) stations in the 1960's & some steam on the IOW.
You can click on the existing images to see them in two bigger sizes, I hope Cynric doesn't mind this ?,  as I felt there is plenty of modelling inspiration in these wonderful images which can't really be seen in the small size.

Cheers Phill  :wave:

westernfan

Western Thunderer
in part 3 isnt the termius Ilfracombe? , also a photo of  Instow station part 4 bideford part 5 freminton quay also Oakhampton and in part 9 Barnstable jucntion

Simon

Flying Squad
Just wonderful.

Makes me weep to see not only the trains and railways that we have lost but also the general quality of the built environment.

Still, mustn't grumble!!

And the Internet is a wonderful thing too :thumbs:

rosspeacock

Modelling on a £1200 table.
Great stuff, superb photogrphy, you can't beat original pictures of the day! Preserved railways are superb but dont think I'd spend so long looking in "Awe" at the images "Dr Richard" has a lot to answer for :headbang: :headbang: Thanks for taking time posting all these pics Phill it's much appreciated, now that we can all share them, much better than them stuck in that old guys loft or drawer never to see the light of day again and end getting "binned" in some ruthless house clearance Etc Etc......  :bowdown: :bowdown: :thumbs: :thumbs: :wave: Ross........

Mr Tiger Viking

Western Thunderer
Hello Phil
Ok From top to bottom the locations are as follows:-
1 Callington
2 Wadebridge looking towards Padstow
3 Bude Station
4 Bere Alston
5 Bere Alston
6 Ilfracombe
7 kings Nympton
8 Instow
9 Instow
10 Bideford looking towards Barnstaple
11 Bideford
12 Fremington Quay
13 Exmouth old station looking towards the NEW(Horrid) Station
14 Okehampton
15 Exeter Cenrtral
16 Exeter Central
17 Barnstaple Town
18 Umberleigh
19 Somewhere between Exeter & Barnstaple
20 Norton St Cyres
21 Meldon Quarry
22 Maldon Junction
23 Meldon Quarry Engine shed
24 Barnstaple Junction
25 Barnstaple Junction
26 Barnstaple Junction
27 Barnstaple Town
28 Plymouth Friary
29 Barnstaple Town

Some excellent colour images of the Witherd Arm, thouroughly enjoyed these thanks Phil  :thumbs:
Regards
Mr TV