Simon's workbench

Simon

Flying Squad
I also got back on to that shocking little brake van for Cookie. Having established a list of required works back in July, tonight I have fixed four safety chains and four handrails to it, hooks and “forged ends” to handrails still to be done.

3F5642A6-4711-4B0B-90BB-FE07185CF10C.jpeg9061B714-3CE7-4169-BFEB-AA6D23795FA8.jpeg

I think it looks slightly less ghastly as a result…..

Lyndhurstman

Western Thunderer
I have managed post Scaleforum (which was very good) to fabricate and fit the tinwork that will support a point lever, which will hopefully enable the point to be changed. All I need to do now is cut out a point lever and make a pivot pin….

View attachment 172881

But for some strange reason I feel moderately compelled to make a replacement windscreen wiper for D6319…..
Hello Simon
That’s very neat. And inspiring; I’ve been trying to figure out a way to have flush-fitting levers actuating the points on Watkins Wharf. Not sure it’s transferable to 4mm, but it gives me something to think about (saves my brain being overwhelmed by work worries, too).

Cheers

Jan

Steve Cook

Flying Squad
I also got back on to that shocking little brake van for Cookie. Having established a list of required works back in July, tonight I have fixed four safety chains and four handrails to it, hooks and “forged ends” to handrails still to be done.

I think it looks slightly less ghastly as a result…..
Bravo Simon - its looking fab :)

Simon

Flying Squad
Ooh, that is a belting shot - thank you very much Tony!

I have never spotted that little handle by the driver's door, I must add it to the model.

It will be ideal for puttering through the flowerbeds towards Hepworth Halt....

Simon

D6356

Western Thunderer
That does look very neat, just the wiggly- waggly bits below the floor to add. Now working handbrake would be "fun"
or perhaps not?
Robert

Simon

Flying Squad
Indeed I won't Jan, scrap etch and piercing saw being made ready!

In the meantime, mindful of Anno Domini and unfinished business, I stated to fit the small grille etches to my Fred Phipps Class 22 kit, under the watchful eye of Andrew Vines, who has built one each of the three of Fred's WR kits.

3 down, only 14 more to go, I feel suitably encouraged:confused:

IMG_4162.jpg

I intend that this will be D6315, fitted with discs and in green livery without warning panels, so suitable for mixing it with the steamers.

Slightly horrifying to reflect that I have had this kit in my possession for the best part of 18 years!

D6356

Western Thunderer
Simon , do not worry you are not alone, I started making the cab floors about then ago ad it has been in and out of box several times to contemplate build and think how others have done, so equally encouraged to see your leap on, I think the grills are a take it slowly sort of job so 3/ 14 is good progress - several hours work.
I have just sprayed my G3 bubble car banger blue...and that has been in build as long as D6356!
Robert

Simon

Flying Squad
A brief “respite” tonight, making and fitting the pesky lower sections of handrail to the brake van.38B0C505-D3B9-4F4A-B1E4-0E484A0CA619.jpeg

I have also been working on the nose of D6315, getting it ready for lamp irons and retro fitting of discs for a steam era model.

97ECCADA-11A7-4178-A1DC-EA57FD8E01DC.jpeg

The two models will go together quite nicely I think.