Scalefour Crewe

King Crab

Western Thunderer
OMG! Gresty Rd shed!
That was the GWR depot at Crewe, and always last on my bunking list after Crewe North and South.
But as you approached the shed there was this unforgettable whiff of toasting oats from the Mornflake breakfast cereal factory....

Peter

DavidB

Western Thunderer
I have been continuing to get my collection of pre-Grouping road vehicles ready for the show in Crewe in June where I have been invited to demonstrate. In the meantime, I was invited to take some to Taunton last Sunday for the SWAG RMWeb day. The photo shows less than half the collection.

My thanks to John Farmer (Re6/6 on various Forums) for the photo. I hope to see some of you at Crewe.Screenshot 2023-04-29 at 07.29.39.png

Steve 73A

Dont forget Scalefour Crewe, the successor to Scalefour North, takes place over the weekend of 3rd and 4th June 2023.

Crewe Alexanda FC, Mornflake Stadium, Gresty Road, Crewe, CW2 6EB

Saturday 3rd June 2023 : 10.00 to 17.00

Sunday 4th June 2023: 10.00 to 16.00

Layouts (including the first public showing for the eagerly awaited Slattocks Junction from the Manchester MRC), Demonstrators and Traders.

Details are on the Scalefour Society website under the Society Shows tab. (Scalefour Crewe | Shows | Scalefour Society)

We are looking forward to welcoming many Western Thunder members.

Please drop by at the Scalefour Society stand and say hello.

See you there.

Steve Carter

Steve 73A

Good news on car parking. The majority of the Gresty Rd Long Stay pay and display car park WILL be available for visitors to use. Disabled spaces are those closest to the main stand with plenty of space beyond. Nobody will have far to walk.
We look forward to welcoming you on Saturday and Sunday.

d827 kelly

I'll be there on the Sunday along with my usual partner-in-crime Natalie. Looking forward to it. Scalefour North was amongst our favourite shows, so Scalefour Crewe has a lot to live up to compared with that show, but I'm certain that a good time will be had and as always the first time will always present some things that couldn't be anticipated no matter how hard the team prepared.

Dave Holt

Western Thunderer
I'll be there on Sunday. As Kelly said, S4North was a great show so I'm very much looking forward to the new version.
Dave.

Paul Tomlinson

Western Thunderer
A grand day out. Crewe's a great location, the exhibition hall was just round the corner from the station, really good traders and layouts, and a very nice group of folk to chat to. Thanks to all who made it happen. Oh, and best of luck for tomorrow!

Last edited: