Realism

Neil

Western Thunderer
Yesterday I took the jalopy to have a new tyre fitted at Dolgellau, while waiting I had lunch (all day breakfast, pot of tea) and because I was dining alone I picked up a copy of the July Model Railroader to read whilst waiting for my nosh to arrive. If you haven't got your own copy, then take a look at P74 the next time you're at your local model shop or Smiffs, it's the most real photo of a model I've yet seen. Gobsmacking.

28ten

Guv'nor
Neil said:
Yesterday I took the jalopy to have a new tyre fitted at Dolgellau, while waiting I had lunch (all day breakfast, pot of tea) and because I was dining alone I picked up a copy of the July Model Railroader to read whilst waiting for my nosh to arrive. If you haven't got your own copy, then take a look at P74 the next time you're at your local model shop or Smiffs, it's the most real photo of a model I've yet seen. Gobsmacking.
I will have a look next time I am in Smiths. I do pick up Model railroader now and then as there is some interesting stuff in there - but dont tell Jordan I said that :laugh:

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
28ten said:
[quote=""Neil"":6ag3gpoj]... July Model Railroader ... take a look at P74 ... it's the most real photo of a model I've yet seen. Gobsmacking.
I will have a look next time I am in Smiths. I do pick up Model railroader now and then as there is some interesting stuff in there - but dont tell Jordan I said that :laugh:[/quote:6ag3gpoj]

OI..!!! :shock: :oops:

As I've just commented elsewhere here, I hardly ever actually buy Model Railroader myself... :oops: :oops: :oops:
I've probably seen the picture referred to although I can't recall it; any further info like what the layout name is..?

Worth repeating these links;
Here's Lance Mindheim's East Rail and Downtown Spur both set in Miami, Florida. He knows a thing or two about realism... :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

28ten

Guv'nor
Jordan said:
OI..!!! :shock: :oops:

As I've just commented elsewhere here, I hardly ever actually buy Model Railroader myself... :oops: :oops: :oops:
I've probably seen the picture referred to although I can't recall it; any further info like what the layout name is..?

Worth repeating these links;
Here's Lance Mindheim's East Rail and Downtown Spur both set in Miami, Florida. He knows a thing or two about realism... :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
yes, i have seen them and they are both rather good.
My boy was jumping down and pointing at a 'big Boy' in the model shop today saying 'daddy one of those' :headbang:

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
28ten said:
My boy was jumping down and pointing at a 'big Boy' in the model shop today saying 'daddy one of those' :headbang:
Thanks for that; I feel much better now.... my lad "just" wants the Mallard at the moment :rolleyes: :lol: but it has to be the blue one like at the NRM... :twisted:
Phooey !!! I can't fob him off with the older (and cheaper!) Hornby green 'un.... :rolleyes: :headbang: ;)

Neil

Western Thunderer
CME & Bottlewasher said:
.... , BTW is the cafe the nice little one that serves great cake - the one with a couple of parking spaces out the front at the end of the main street? :scratch: ....

No, it's the one that fronts onto the main car park just by the bridge, utterly gorgeous bacon ... mmmmm ....

D1054

Western Thunderer
Just a quick observation on the photos on Lance Mindhiem's site, the modelling is , of course, excellent, but the use of single light source casting "appropriate" shadows makes a world of difference to the photographs too - it's a good tip for any would be realism photographers out there :thumbs: :wave: