Re: Western bogies

28ten

Guv'nor
Western bogies

I have noticed some pipes on the bogie/underframe (I have enlarged one Phills pictures from today) what are they? Answers on a postcard please....

Attachments

• XL804454.jpg
    XL804454.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 79

D1054

Western Thunderer
Western bogies

Hi Cynric,

Unfortunately, I can't answer the question, but I do have some detail photo's which could help with the modelling of these - I added them to my model of D1054 as shown at the end  :wave:

Attachments

• Western Bogie detail #6.jpg
    944.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Western Bogie detail #25.jpg
    820.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Western Bogie detail #45.jpg
    914.1 KB · Views: 2
  • D1054 On the bench.jpg
    602.2 KB · Views: 0

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Western bogies

For what it's worth I think they are the flexible air connections for the brakes as these are normally coloured white and the Western bogie standing alone looks like it has these connected to a proportional brake valve on the bogie itself. By the way where is that bogie

Ian

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Western bogies

And some more :thumbs:

Attachments

• Holiday- Minehead 2009 034.JPG
    14 MB · Views: 2
  • Holiday- Minehead 2009 035.JPG
    595.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Detail pics 006.JPG
    14.5 MB · Views: 0

28ten

Guv'nor
Western bogies

iploffy said:
For what it's worth I think they are the flexible air connections for the brakes as these are normally coloured white and the Western bogie standing alone looks like it has these connected to a proportional brake valve on the bogie itself. By the way where is that bogie

Ian
you could be right there. I think I shall have to use some flexible rubber tube as they are likely to take a few knocks when fitted

D1054

Western Thunderer
Western bogies

Just a word of warning, the stand-alone bogie is a Western bogie, and WAS a standing exhibit at the NRM, York, but it has been moved so don't make a special journey......  I'm afraid I don't know where it has been moved to, but I assume it is still part of the national collection but just no longer on display.

I'm waiting on an engineering mate of mine in the DTG coming back with the gen on the pipework and will post the response once received.

Ian.

D1054

Western Thunderer
Western bogies

Oh.. and if anyone wants more pics of the bogie, I have plenty I could upload for you.... ;D

28ten

Guv'nor
Western bogies

47423 said:
Phill Dyson said:
Never  ;D :))
He asked ;)
Why can`t two quotes be embedded on this forum?
like this? quote the first post and then scroll down to choose insert quote from the selected post. The idea is to discourage huge posts consisting mainly of long  quotes.

Western bogies

28ten said:
He asked ;)
Why can`t two quotes be embedded on this forum?

like this? quote the first post and then scroll down to choose insert quote from the selected post. The idea is to discourage huge posts consisting mainly of long  quotes.
ManY thanks :thumbs:

Western bogies

Some great pictures there 8)
D1023 has to be the best looking Western, BR Blue with domino`s  :bowdown: :bowdown: Suits you Sir :thumbs:

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Western bogies

Yes that's a great collection of detail shots Ian, I'm sure all the Western builders will find them a great resource  :bowdown:

Thanks again

Phill  :thumbs:

D1054

Western Thunderer
Western bogies

Thats ok chaps... hope they're of use.

I've also had a reply from the DTG, and I can confirm the white pipework on the right side only of each bogie when facing forward is indeed the body to bogie flexible hose (2 in number)..... one is the straight air brake line , the other the proportional brake line.

Always wondered what they were :wave:

Ian.