Photo PO Wagons, LMS and GWR constituent photos from an unexpected source.

adrian

Flying Squad
I was idly browsing a digital archive and decided to have a flick through the "Foreign Railways" folder out of curiosity and I'm glad I did. What did I find but 1000 photographs of private owner wagons which made my day as I have been trying to find a few variations to practice some lettering.

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 22.23.53.png

LMS constituent company locos

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 22.59.08.png

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 22.57.14.png

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 22.47.09.png

GWR companies

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 23.01.12.png

Although not marked I'm sure this is the viaduct on the Whitby to Sandsend line

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 22.36.34.png

Finally there has been a small contretemps on the Guild forum regarding line side huts, I can imagine the comments if a manufacturer released a laser cut kit of one such item with the size of the chimney in this view.

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 22.12.59.png

As you may have gathered from the watermarks they are all part of the LNWR Society Digital archive - hence the "Foreign Railways". Yes you will have to join to be able to access the archive but with all the other benefits and excellent publications then it all adds up.

simond

Western Thunderer
Finally there has been a small contretemps on the Guild forum regarding line side huts, I can imagine the comments if a manufacturer released a laser cut kit of one such item with the size of the chimney in this view.

@BrushType4

come on Phil!!!!

Western Thunderer
Agreed for sure on the chimney height, another one for the mental notebook.

But just what is the altercation on the GOG forum???? ;) Surely lineside huts can't be that controversial.... Even for modellers.... :D
Tony

BrushType4

Western Thunderer

@BrushType4

come on Phil!!!!
Complete mess that is. Never seen anything like it in my 100 years of armchair modeling. :thumbs:

Last edited:

Dai88D

Western Thunderer
Agreed for sure on the chimney height, another one for the mental notebook.

But just what is the altercation on the GOG forum???? ;) Surely lineside huts can't be that controversial.... Even for modellers.... :D
Tony
Are you trying to pick an argument?!

Dai88D

Western Thunderer
I was idly browsing a digital archive and decided to have a flick through the "Foreign Railways" folder out of curiosity and I'm glad I did. What did I find but 1000 photographs of private owner wagons which made my day as I have been trying to find a few variations to practice some lettering.

View attachment 208745

LMS constituent company locos

View attachment 208749

View attachment 208748

View attachment 208747

GWR companies

View attachment 208750

Although not marked I'm sure this is the viaduct on the Whitby to Sandsend line

View attachment 208746

View attachment 208744

As you may have gathered from the watermarks they are all part of the LNWR Society Digital archive - hence the "Foreign Railways". Yes you will have to join to be able to access the archive but with all the other benefits and excellent publications then it all adds up.
That L&Y 0-8-0 must have been one of their best looking locos, most were ……… awful.