On My Virtual Workbench...

S-Club-7

Western Thunderer
Actually Dave, I'll need a 1 in 6 double slip..... is that the same only twice as many chairs ? :rolleyes: ;)
In terms of quantity there are only half-a dozen or so more chairs in a double-slip, they're just diferent types. Look here to see the chairing differences between single and double slips (an incomplete work in progress, I know there are some mistakes and omissions).

Unfortunately the LNER book doesn't show 1 in 6 slips so I'll have to make it all up myself but it doesn't look as though there would be too much extra drawing work. Just don't hold your breath though :)

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
Hi Dan, that looks very nice.:thumbs: What rail did you use?.

Thanks Rob. :) It's only a TurboCAD drawing at the moment, the idea being to have the components 3D printed, as David has done with his buffer stops and chairs. I took the measurements from a length of Exactoscale bullhead rail I had knocking around, so hopefully, the printed rails will match the physical ones!

Regards

Dan

28ten

Guv'nor
Thanks Graham. I'm plodding on with them whenever I get a spare moment, but have lots of other irons in the fire too!
(With apologies to David for the thread hijack). :oops:

Regards

Dan
thread drift... I could knock one up in 2o using Solidworks weldments if you want one

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
thread drift... I could knock one up in 2o using Solidworks weldments if you want one

Cynric - If you mean 20 mins, that's a damn sight quicker than I could do it. I shall return at around 19:28 this evening to see how it looks! ;)

Regards

Dan

S-Club-7

Western Thunderer
I took the measurements from a length of Exactoscale bullhead rail I had knocking around, so hopefully, the printed rails will match the physical ones!

Maybe, maybe not :(

BS95R rail has a web 3/4 inch thick -- about 0.45mm in 7mm scale.

The sample of Exactoscale/C&L rail that I measured was 0.62mm.

Shapeways minimum wall thickness for their WSF (sintered nylon) material is 0.8mm; for their FUD & FD (acrylic) materials 0.5mm.
photo_41007_shapeways.jpg
Which is why many of the weeds are strategically positioned on my sample models :D

Note that the acrylic is very brittle so would shatter the first time any train hit the buffer-stop with any speed :(

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
Thanks David. :)

Despite the present strength limitations of certain 3D printing materials, I think they're definitely the best way of representing something like a buffer stop - there's daylight in all the right places, unlike some awful cast whitemetal examples in my possession. :(

Nice picture, by the way. :thumbs:

Regards

Dan

S-Club-7

Western Thunderer
Colin,

Presumably we're talking about detail 46 on Gardner drawing L32 for the GER Water Gauge Columns?

How full do you want the boiler to be? I think I may be able to get a water level showing in the gauge glass... It won't go down as you drive tho loco around, of course, but if you fitted some micro-bore tube top and bottom then I'm sure it could be done.

Stevesopwith

Western Thunderer
They are the ones...... I'll need six pairs to go with my brake block sets. ( one set to work on.... the other five to hold :)... )

As for the water level........:rolleyes: .

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
As for the water level........:rolleyes: .
+1

Just what will they think of next at WMR HQ? Self-filling water troughs which do not spill when the baseboards are stacked at the end of the session - possibly, more likely a way of warming pasties in the firebox.

regards, Graham

mickoo

Western Thunderer
+1

Just what will they think of next at WMR HQ? Self-filling water troughs which do not spill when the baseboards are stacked at the end of the session - possibly, more likely a way of warming pasties in the firebox.

regards, Graham
Working wipers?