On going meetings and discussions of the S7 group in the North East

daifly

Western Thunderer
Hi Simon
Tomorrow is one year since your first post in this thread. Do you have an answer yet? Perhaps you could celebrate by updating the thread title (via the link on the first post).

Happy Anniversary you NE S7ers!

Caggers

Western Thunderer
Thanks for the prompt, I had not realised that much time had passed...
Well, I think we have come a long way in the past 13 months, as can be seen by reading this thread we have now had two meetings. Both have been at Locomotition in Shildon and this weekend will be the third meeting.
I hope we can keep increasing the attendance as I have some thoughts on another venue for a future meeting.
I am still looking to bring a couple of base boards, with some track but it will depend on the next couple of evenings...

FiftyFourA

Western Thunderer
Don't forget mate, Telford is 'early September' and I know a few of 'the lads' are going. How about the week after Telford? That would be the 13th? If you want Locomotion I will check that the room is available.

Peter

Wagonman

Western Thunderer
Don't forget mate, Telford is 'early September' and I know a few of 'the lads' are going. How about the week after Telford? That would be the 13th? If you want Locomotion I will check that the room is available.

Peter

When you have decided, please let the Newsletter Editor know!

Richard

Caggers

Western Thunderer
Just trying to sort out the date for the next meeting for the newsletter. I have some words as well from the previous meeting...

Caggers

Western Thunderer
September 27th is the date of the next S7NE meet at Shildon, TBC

UPDATE - 30th August
This date has now been changed to 4th October

Last edited:

FiftyFourA

Western Thunderer
Hi All,

Been quiet lately due to continuing problems with my wrist. About the next meeting, I have told Caggers that the room is not available for SDept 27th -bit of a 'do' on so things are busy. However, I have booked it for the following weekend - thats Sunday Oct 4th. Normal times etc.

Caggers

Western Thunderer
Thanks Peter, the date was selected prior to checking, sorry for the confusion... I'll try and send an email to all those I have email addresses for.

Further to this the first two boards of my layout WILL be in attendance, not that there is a great amount of track laid but enough to hold some S7 rolling stock. I will post some pictures in the Area 51 thread in the near future. I just spent the weekend at an exhibition with it so managed to lay some more track until I ran out of stained sleepers and painted chairs.

Does anyone have thoughts on topics? I would like to learn more about the width of loco frames to help me select the right S7 material for my J71 kit.

Re-Wheeling RTR wagons would be another topic as I have some and some S7 wheel sets.

Thoughts anyone?

FiftyFourA

Western Thunderer
And for my DJH J72 ... when they get around to doing the next (last) batch as my mate Steven Foxton got the last one at Telford.

And don't ask how much I spent at Telford. I don't want to look to closely at the bill until I have had a couple of drinks and a lie down ... still, it's only money and you can't take it with you can you?

SteadyRed

Western Thunderer
Was hoping to get to this meeting, but unfortunately something else has come up. Hopefully I will be able to get along next time.

Dave

Caggers

Western Thunderer
Dave, you are welcome to come to the next one.

We had a discussion at the end of today's meet and the 'current' plan is to meet at the end of January 2016.

Puddlejumper

Western Thunderer
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but as I live in the north east (and I went to the last meeting, admittedly as a bit of an interloper:)) but while sorting through some old boxes I have found what looks to be a set of scale 7 track making gauges. They are of no use to me but if anyone on here wants them (or if you are becoming like a real group;)) does the group want them as a group resource?
I can box them up and leave them at locomotion for Peter (54a)...........
If not wanted I will stick em on the bay of E.
Doug