On going meetings and discussions of the S7 group in the North East

simon78

Hi,

is there still room for one more?? I'm a member of S7 and live in Darlington.
Unfortunatly I am unable to attend the first get together as I am away playing with a 2mmFs layout but I would be up for the next get together

cheers
Simon

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Hi All,

Sorry to say that I probably won't be able to make it after all - the house still isn't ready and at this moment we have no idea when it will be:(

Caggers

Western Thunderer
Simon,

Yes, as stated previously all are welcome. I intend to share info both here and via email, so if you want to forward your email address I'll keep you on the list...

Cheers
Simon (Caggers)

Caggers

Western Thunderer
Hi All,

Sorry to say that I probably won't be able to make it after all - the house still isn't ready and at this moment we have no idea when it will be:(

Rob,

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems... We will keep your seat warm for this meeting!!! ;)

Cheers
Simon (Caggers)

Caggers

Western Thunderer
Hi all,

I have just returned from a holiday and will be sorting out an email reminder about the Locomotion meeting in a couple of weeks.

Cheers
Simon (Caggers)

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Cheers Simon. - subject to confirmation we may be completing the following week - we are now buying a different house to the one that we were originally.

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Perhaps it might be an idea to have a quick meet up at Telford to put names to faces...

I'm only there on the Saturday though this year...

JB.

Caggers

Western Thunderer
With reference to this weekend I will be sending out an email either later today or maybe tomorrow to the email addresses I have about this meeting.

I am waiting for some feedback to include...

I am looking forward to the visit to Shildon, is there anything anyone who will not be there needs? Pictures of something? I'll take my camera (as long as I remember):)

Caggers

Western Thunderer
Well…

Here we are, almost anyway…

As a reminder to those who have expressed an interest, we are meeting at Locomotion in Shildon for the initial Scale Seven North East Group on Sunday 14th at 10:30am.

I have organised the Hackworth meeting room for us so we can have a little more privacy. We have been offered Tea and Coffee at £1.90 +VAT (no not Vodka and Tonic). I have asked as to the difference to this from just buying at the café.

I am not sure about an agenda, as this is the first meeting, but thought I’d bring some sections of track I have been building as a show and tell. Does anyone else have ‘toys’ they would like to bring???

If there are any queries please do not hesitate to email me at simon@caggers.com or call 07767 007869.

I seem to be a couple of email addresses short so if you did not receive an email, please let me know. As always everyone is welcome to join us even if you have not expressed an interest previously...

See y'all Sunday.

Hi Simon,

Just to confirm my attendance, I will email as well in case correspondence has slipped through the firewalls, blockers etc. I think £1.90 + vat seems reasonable for coffee, especially if they are letting us use their meeting room.

Sadly, no modelling yet that I can bring and show off. I'm relying on the new group to use suitable threats and ensure some Ebay purchases cease to collect dust, and may even turn an S7 wheel in anger one day.

Looking forward to meeting you and other members on Sunday. Thanks for the trouble you have taken in sorting this.

Paul

Caggers

Western Thunderer
Paul,

Maybe we should all bring a list of the shelf queens, this will allow suitable progress to be monitored??? ;)

Simon

Caggers

Western Thunderer
Hi all,

Just so we all know where we are meeting here is the address: NRM Shildon, Locomotion, Shildon, Co Durham, DL4 1PQ

We are meeting in the Hackworth meeting room in the main Collection building.

Caggers

Western Thunderer
S7NE… It lives!!!

As can be seen on Western Thunder there has been a conversation and a wish for a North Eastern group of Scale Seven modellers. After over 4 months of conversation it has happened, the inaugural S7NE group met on Sunday morning at Locomotion in Shildon. Some might say quite an apt location for the start.

Locomotion allowed us to use there Hackworth meeting room free. I would like to publicly thank them for this as it would have been more difficult to ‘show and tell’ in the café.

There was no formal agenda set out for this meeting which was attended by Simon, Mick and Paul but one was not needed as once the ‘toys’ were out the conversation didn’t stop… The three of us are at different places in our S7 modelling careers and we all had different goals in mind for the coming month (and years). However these differences will allow this group to continue and expand, there were a number of people who had expressed and interest, but could not make this one.

Simon brought some sections of track which have been built for his branch line layout which is being built as well as some Common Crossings which were filed and assembled using the Scale Seven stores jigs. Mick brought his J71 and some wagons which ran on the track to hand. Simon also brought some wagons and his box of kits (shelf queens)…

Ken had asked us to discuss options for helping him with his layout at exhibitions and further conversations will be had on this topic.

No formal plans have been set for the next meeting apart from ‘there will be a next meeting’, either at Locomotion, or at another location if one can be found central to the area.
2014_0914MickIphone0010_zpsda6607c3.jpg
Regards,
Simon Caygill