Old New Member......

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Welcome aboard Pete - the Dark Side Infiltration continues....

Jordan, please help me to understand this world of non-Western / non-Hyrdaulic / non-Chromatic things. What makes something (over here) qualify for the Dark Side? If the simple answer is "American" - and I doubt that life is that simple - then would the same model be part of the Dark Side for a WTer who lives over t'other side of the big puddle?

And how does a WTer living in NY talk about a BR Blue diseasel? Do they have a dark side?

Thanks to all my friends, Daft-Ada here....

Well, let's see - I'm an Englishman living in Gotham City who modelled USA stuff in England in the '70's. Since living here I've been studying BR in b Scotland, East Anglia and the South West along with the BNSF US South West and NS in the US North East!

People that move to the Dark Side really like to make life difficult for themselves!

Thanks for all the "hellos".

Best, Pete.

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
The short answer is....
The long answer is.... well just read this back slower....

Just love your sense of humour, I often wonder if George Bernard Shaw is one of your ancestors giving the manner in which you use Our English to achieve a subtle emphasis.

So we have "The Dark Side".... what do those over the pond have... (other than Friends and similar)?

I think that the running qualities have generally caught up but take a look at June 2012's MR. The Athearn SD40 (I think - it was just an advert) and MR's review of the "new" GP7. The detail and quality (look at the "3d" bogies/trucks) x the Retail Price is simply STILL outstanding.

Best, Pete.