New S7 Member

mfsyoung

Too right Steph, I do like the diverse following of WT :thumbs:

ATB Mick
I think it was only the MOK 4MT in S7 that persuaded me to change from O-SF to S7 but having just started laying some track I am glad I did! Looks so much better! You wouldn't think that 1.25 to 1mm flangeway would make such a difference.

Michael.

daifly

Western Thunderer
I think it was only the MOK 4MT in S7 that persuaded me to change from O-SF to S7 but having just started laying some track I am glad I did! Looks so much better! You wouldn't think that 1.25 to 1mm flangeway would make such a difference.

Michael.
Erm.... 0-SF uses a 1.75mm flangeway so the reduction to 1mm IS a big difference!

Cheers, Dave

mfsyoung

The
Erm.... 0-SF uses a 1.75mm flangeway so the reduction to 1mm IS a big difference!

Cheers, Dave

O-SF I was using was 31.2mm with 1.25 flangeway, which is what is quoted for that gauge in Templot. I started using it in the 1990's.

As a matter of interest, I have found a flangeway gauge for the OO-SF layout and it is 1mm the same as S7!

mfsyoung

Oh yeah, that as well! For the front pony truck I turned a small ptfe bush to insert in the casting to reduce the size. For the rear bogie I modified the solid bushes with moving hornblocks, the replacements drilled 5/32".

Just received some slaters 5/32" long bushes by almost return post. The outside diameter is 5mm., so I will presumably ream out for an interference fit.