7mm New Quay (was Bow Locks Wharf a S7 a not so quicky)

Marc Dobson

Western Thunderer
A bit of progress at long last. what started as a quick lock down project has been anything but.
First problem faced was the track or the lack of S7 chairs for points. I have gone back to rivet and soldering with cosmetic chairs as I can butcher chairs to fit. As sutch the first rail was build early this week and the rest will be under construction shortly.
Baseboards have had to be designed as nothing is standard size. all the ply is now cut and ready to go.

Marc Dobson

Western Thunderer
Most of the sleepers are down with their rivets in. If everything goes to plan they should all be cut and stuck down tomorrow. IMG_20230514_222628.jpg if it's find tomorrow I'm going to have a crack at the baseboard most of the wood is cut so it's only a fettle and the glue and screw job.
Marc

Marc Dobson

Western Thunderer
Slight change of plan. Yesterday I put the sleepers down on a piece of 4ft by 2ft ply and realised I had more space than first thought so I have decided to do something a little more rural. So I have moved the location back to somewhere near Peterborough.
I'm hoping to have the main baseboard finished today which will be a major step forward. I'm now running against the clock as the layout has it first outing booked for November and suspect that time frame to be shortened to mid October as I'm expecting an email form my local show manager any day now.
The plan is still to have G15/Y6 tram locos operate the yard but the industrial building will be replaced with trees. I'm in two minds on the name at the moment. I have Fenland Yard or Flag Fen Quay what do people think?
Marc

geoff_nicholls

Western Thunderer
So I have moved the location back to somewhere near Peterborough.
There were wharves by Peterborough GER/LNWR station, and west of Peterborough, at Woodstone. I named my micro layout Woodstone Ferry after the latter.
These are from the NLS website:
And there are drawings of Fenland lighters.
Or you could consider Yarmouth or Ipswich, where there are photos of G15/Y6 working.

chigley

Western Thunderer
Hi Adrian

That's very informative. Thank you for that.

I have been thinking of doing a small diorama like this for a while as my Scale7 layout is temporarily stored in my loft. I've got a spare turnout which needs to be put to use and this diorama project might be ideal.

Mike
will the 9f fit?;)