LNWR Loco stud in 7mm

Kevin MH

Western Thunderer
Most need work, but all are fitted with decoders with sound and run up and down my little garage branch line. The Special Tank is painted (15 months now) and waiting for me to gird my loins and line it. That's a lot of work with decals. I am assuming it will be many sessions on the workbench...All in Burbank, CA.

IMG_0244.JPG2021-11-05 15.59.44.jpg

Herb Garden

Western Thunderer
Nice! Very nice! That's some cool stuff you got there Kev!

Would be great to see progress as it unfolds

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
Kevin,
I'm intrigued by the 'A' class in the background of your opening post, is that a scratch build ? I've built three examples in 7mm scale in the past.

Col.

Kevin MH

Western Thunderer
Kevin,
I'm intrigued by the 'A' class in the background of your opening post, is that a scratch build ? I've built three examples in 7mm scale in the past.

Col.
No, it is a limited run kit. Nick Eastman drew up a whole series of LNWR locos under a banner of BIWO (Because I want one) in 4mm, including an A class. They have been taken over by London Road Models. Nick then drew up a 7mm A Class, I got lucky, got wind of it, and got one. I don't know if he is going to produce it again.

Kevin MH

Western Thunderer
Nearly half done. The splashers get arcs, that are on the way from Britain. There is a slight variance in the width of the lining on the corners compared to the straights. Not noticeable from a few feet away, but if you blow the picture up, you will see it on the cab side.

Attachments

• IMG_0251.JPG
    IMG_0251.JPG
    187.7 KB · Views: 14