LNWR A class 0-8-0 inP4

34091 Weymouth

Western Thunderer
That's very nicely built so far John. Funnily enough I've just handed John at lrm some coaches today & spotted this kit. I shall follow with interest as i fancy doing one myself.

Out of curiosity are you making the chassis rigid in p4?

john lewsey

Western Thunderer
Hi Nick, as this is one of your designs your comment means a lot.
It does look tight in there but im sure it Will be fine. John Gowers on the LNWR facebook page has his working in P4. I Will Just have to be SUPER careful.
John

34091 Weymouth

Western Thunderer
John,

Shes a beauty. I look forward to seeing her in blackberry black livery. A lovely prototype too. I have a brassmasters Precursor to make at some point which I'm looking forward to making, a nice build so far. Do you spri g the chassis with high level components?

Si

john lewsey

Western Thunderer
John,

Shes a beauty. I look forward to seeing her in blackberry black livery. A lovely prototype too. I have a brassmasters Precursor to make at some point which I'm looking forward to making, a nice build so far. Do you spri g the chassis with high level components?

Si
Hi, I Will be using London Road horns that I make into sprung units

john lewsey

Western Thunderer
Hi, I don't post much here these days but here is a photo of the Poppy's chassis jig that I am trying out for thr first time.

Attachments

• IMG_20230406_100341.jpg
    IMG_20230406_100341.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 8

john lewsey

Western Thunderer
Ah splendid jigs aren't they?

I was surprised how good they are and the quality of what came out given how simple the tool is.

I nearly bought an Avonside chaisis squared tool from Eileen's but thought to give the much cheaper poppys tool a go first.... Works a treat for me
I Will let you know