7mm Layouts and Dioramas by Stephen Fay, including Kirton Lindsey & St Stephens Bank

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
1961 was the last year for through workings down the Torcombe branch, The Saturday Cornishman would drop a coach at St Stephen’s junction to be attached to the usual B set seen here in the hands of Newton abbots 4561. IMG_6737.jpegIMG_6747.png
The bracket signal controls the loop in to the Creamery just beyond the tunnel.
IMG_6741.pngIMG_6738.png

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
In between brick painting a coal stage and finishing off construction of Grimsby shed I’ve been fern and nettle planting along with adding fence posts on the Torcombe branch and over at Pontycwm the building shells have been made up and are now in base brick colour. IMG_6768.pngIMG_6771.jpegAnother travel poster added IMG_6770.pngIMG_6772.jpeg
The shed has been given a coat of paint as has the coal stage tank

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
I’ve been sent these GWR water cranes from ModelU to have a look at, They are superb, plug and socket construction ( no glue used yet ) 3 different variations on offer plus a fire devil.
Suffice to say I know where my GW shed project water cranes are now coming from IMG_6886.jpegIMG_6887.jpegIMG_6888.jpeg

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
Steve you have an incredible eye for colour and for the big picture. I guess you have taken the diorama into open countryside and this sequence is not in your garden? It looks fabulous.
Yes same spot I photographed Creechly back last year IMG_2445.png
It’s only 5 mins from my house and is a superb back drop to add real depth of field.
Taking layouts outside is a challenge as it will certainly show if you’ve not got the colours right

simond

Western Thunderer
Steve,

If the figures are Edwardian, should the loco lamps not be red? (Or were they white from that early on the LNER?)

Sorry…
Simon

simond

Western Thunderer
That suggests the LNER did use white loco lamps in the early 1900’s.

my understanding is that the GWR used red ‘til about 1928, the LMS were apparently black ‘til nationalisation, but not sure about their constituents, nor what the Southern did.

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
That suggests the LNER did use white loco lamps in the early 1900’s.

my understanding is that the GWR used red ‘til about 1928, the LMS were apparently black ‘til nationalisation, but not sure about their constituents, nor what the Southern did.
Funnily enough I’ve got some LMS pattern lamps to paint up and I’ve seen pics of them still in black in BR days or they are just filthy??
Any one know what they should be?