John Isherwood / Cambridge Custom Transfers

A (sort of) new member New

cctransuk

Good Morning!

Having been critical of Warners once too often, I find myself effectively an exile from RMweb.

I have been a 'lurking' member here for some time, following admired former / fellow members of RMweb, but have rarely posted.

Since any mention of Cambridge Custom Transfers on RMweb would come at a minimum cost of £360 per annum, this is not practicable for a 'not for profit' micro-supplier.

I am currently seeking permission to move my product news to Western Thunder, and I intend to become more active within the forum where I can usefully post.

It comes as a breath of fresh air to enter a forum where the focus is on 'building stuff' - and not just East Coast Mainline 'Pacifics'!

Anyway, many of you will know that I focus on producing BR steam / early diesel rolling stock insignia, and I welcome enquiries within that sphere of modelling.

John Isherwood.

timbowales

Western Thunderer
Good Morning!

Having been critical of Warners once too often, I find myself effectively an exile from RMweb.

I have been a 'lurking' member here for some time, following admired former / fellow members of RMweb, but have rarely posted.

Since any mention of Cambridge Custom Transfers on RMweb would come at a minimum cost of £360 per annum, this is not practicable for a 'not for profit' micro-supplier.

I am currently seeking permission to move my product news to Western Thunder, and I intend to become more active within the forum where I can usefully post.

It comes as a breath of fresh air to enter a forum where the focus is on 'building stuff' - and not just East Coast Mainline 'Pacifics'!

Anyway, many of you will know that I focus on producing BR steam / early diesel rolling stock insignia, and I welcome enquiries within that sphere of modelling.

John Isherwood.
Welcome to WT, John.
A very satisfied user of your products :)

Dave F.

Western Thunderer
Hi John, welcome, I'd followed the thread you refer too and think it a bit much to charge small businesses like ours which help modellers and take part in the various threads helping people where we can. I've not been very active on RMweb in recent times as I don't feel the need to spend time even looking through the lists of threads let alone reading them.

Dave.

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Hi John and it's good to see you here.

As far as I'm aware product news is welcome but may I suggest you have a word with the Mods to see whether there are any "custom and practice" rules for suppliers. We don't want this to become an advertising hoarding but at the same time like to know what's going on. WT seems pretty free and easy to me as long as we all "play nicely".

Brian

cctransuk

Hi John and it's good to see you here.

As far as I'm aware product news is welcome but may I suggest you have a word with the Mods to see whether there are any "custom and practice" rules for suppliers. We don't want this to become an advertising hoarding but at the same time like to know what's going on. WT seems pretty free and easy to me as long as we all "play nicely".

Brian

I have already emailed the Mods a couple of times - but no response to date.

John.

Rob R

Western Thunderer
I have already emailed the Mods a couple of times - but no response to date.

John.
John,
Welcome.
Try reporting the first post your own thread. Adrian will pick it up when can.
I don't think we have active Mods (plural) at the moment......

Rob

djparkins

Western Thunderer
Good Morning!

John Isherwood.
Hello John

Welcome.

If l could ask you to clarify please. I’ve mentioned my own products on RMWeb and never been charged and there appear to be threads in the small suppliers section from the likes of Mousa Models and several others, which l cannot imagine they pay for - or is this some form of new rule coming in?

Be most grateful if you could clarify

Regards

David Parkins

Marc Dobson

Western Thunderer
As a fellow small scale supplier this is a very worrying situation with the other place. So far I have not been contacted by them yet .
But in the meantime welcome aboard WT.
Marc

Mick LNER

Western Thunderer
8 pages if you have the stamina.

It has caused a lot of upset to many. It does'nt appear to have been well thought out, prior to the release date.

Firehead

Hello John

Welcome.

If l could ask you to clarify please. I’ve mentioned my own products on RMWeb and never been charged and there appear to be threads in the small suppliers section from the likes of Mousa Models and several others, which l cannot imagine they pay for - or is this some form of new rule coming in?

Regards

David Parkins

Hi David

It is a new rule/terms & conditions that Warners have brought in about two weeks ago.

Mick LNER has linked the relevant thread, but as he says, not particularly well thought out.

Scubaidh Dubh

Good Morning!

John Isherwood.
Welcome, John.
A good bunch here of doers, not talkers.
In view of your comment about the content in the other place, I hope my next workbench topic will not cause too much offence!

Best wishes.

Davy.

cctransuk

Hello John

Welcome.

Regards

David Parkins

David,

As has been said - a new policy.

They wanted £360 from me - I typically posted quarterly product updates and answered enquiries for transfers when I could help.

When I declined to cough up, they even made me change my username from 'cctransuk' to 'John Isherwood', so that I could derive no 'commercial benefit'.

John Isherwood.

Last edited by a moderator:

djparkins

Western Thunderer
David,

As has been said - a new policy.

They wanted £360 from me - I typically posted quarterly product updates and answered enquiries for transfers when I could help.

When I declined to cough up, they even made me change my username from 'cctransuk' to 'John Isherwood', so that I could derive no 'commercial benefit'.

John Isherwood.
Thanks John and also Firehead for the explanations

David

Last edited by a moderator: