HULL & BARNSLEY RLY Bracket Signal

micknich2003

Western Thunderer
Attached picture of my latest effort, ex H&B 2 doll bracket signal as later modified by LNER or British Rlys, note mix of UQ and LQ arms. The fittings are the usual etches (D&S) the rest being either brass bar or strip, either filed or milled to shape. The bracket casting is "Home Brewed" from plasticard. Mick.

Attachments

• H&B BRACKET 134.jpg
    H&B BRACKET 134.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 3

westernfan

Western Thunderer
HI Micknick  :wave:
                                Nice job :thumbs:  is that sgnal 4mm or 7mm ? ive only mastered single arm types although lit i do like to see the spectacle glowing

micknich2003

Western Thunderer
westernfan said:
HI Micknick  :wave:
                                Nice job :thumbs:  is that sgnal 4mm or 7mm ? ive only mastered single arm types although lit i do like to see the spectacle glowing
Thanks for kind comments. The model is 4mm, though I will soon be involved in 7mm work loco's etc and also signals. Mick.

28ten

Guv'nor
It looks even better outside - the sky gives it a sense of height. Excuse my signalling ignorance, why is it a mix of upper and lower quadrant arms? is it just because of the modifications carried out?

micknich2003

Western Thunderer
Thanks for kind comments. The LNER was an impoverished company and very much mend and make do. Where as say the LMS or GW would have simply replaced the entire signal the LNER would repair/renew the bad bits. The mixing of arms and dolls on the same signal was very common. I know of one that had two UQ arms, two LQ H&B arms and 1 NE LQ arm. Great fun at exibitions explaining to the experts. Mick.

micknich2003

Western Thunderer
I don't have a decent photo of the signal mentioned above. Instead my model will have to do. Mick.

Attachments

• SPRINGBANGBANK NORTH 37, 38, 40G..JPG
    SPRINGBANGBANK NORTH 37, 38, 40G..JPG
    229.9 KB · Views: 4
H

hnb_barrett

Hi Mick, love the gantry at the bottom.  I'm in the process of planning out my own version but as it would have been in pre grouping days. 
Regards, chris