1/32 French Micro Layout.........un-named As Yet.....

Wagonman

Western Thunderer
With all this warm weather it's just the thing for painting , so have done the tram loco a nice shade of Southern dark olive green, a lovely shade of green it is too, you can't beat a bit of GREEN :drool: . Have weathered the roof and will probably do likewise with the main body in due course.......

View attachment 11435

The tram really seems to dominate the bâtiment à voyageurs. But then, I suppose it would...

John D

Western Thunderer
some 10mm scale stock representing Irish 3' prototypes running on his 32mm gauge

North Star Models not so long ago produced very nice kits for , if remember rightly , a Cavan and Leitrim 2-6-2 tank loco and bogie carriage in 10mm scale for O gauge track .........both, unfortunately, are no longer produced.

John D

Western Thunderer
It's been ages since I last added to this partly as I wandered off onto 'other projects' and more recently 'cos I've been beavering away at it in the hope that I can get it something like for our October bash in Shepshed. It should have appeared at Larkrail next month ,sorry Simon, but it's nowhere near presentable yet....

8704796560_38b1f961b5.jpg

9144716742_cb2c0e4f9e_z.jpg

I invested in one of those economy static grass applicators off e-bay and it's absolutely brilliant , grass appearing everywhere, just needs a few extra bits of green stuff adding on top to break up the uniformity of it.

9043342108_c7e930e6ea_n.jpg

Tram now has Blanc Misseron works plates fitted courtesy of Guilplates , and work is underway building a second loco, not to mention a bit of rolling stock .

I think I mentioned before that I was intending to have La Gaffe (the mistake) as the layout name but as time has progressed I sort of went off the name . Quite by chance I was looking at a website on the Thones tramway and spotted a small station on the line...Alex. Call it fate or whatever, but the last layout I did was 'Alexandra Yard' and the connection was too good to miss so I've pinched the name, the fact of my Crewe connection and that I've followed Crewe Alexandra (a.k.a The Alex) since I was knee high to a grasshopper also came into it. This is a shot of the real Alex station.......
9144803242_da1213a605.pngaa

John D

Western Thunderer
9144712324_9d41e393d0.jpg

This is the 'nasty' end of the layout at present, it's not a particularly good photo either. The line only exited the layout by the nearer track but to improve the operational interest I 'demolished' a part-built house and extended the far siding so that vans can also exit the layout through the newly built distillery. This is the area I'm working on now to get it looking right.......and then I've got to sort out a backscene :eek: . The photo shows the line one and only,so far, piece of rolling stock........

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi John,

wonderful modelling and the tram loco is devine. The layout is certainly ready for exhibiting now any other work required can be put down to 'in progress' as Mickoo suggests.

cheers

Mike

John D

Western Thunderer
Mike,
There are some major items still to be done A) storage yard....nothing too fancy just a cassette system to cope with the train which thankfully aren't too long B) Rolling stock to go with the one van so far....I've got all the materials etc so I really must start on this and C) some sort of support system....I have a couple of bits left over from World's End Quay that can be re-used. That said I've read in one of Ian Rice's articles/books of him using the standard exhibition hall table with a set of shortie legs on top to bring the layout up to a sensible height. This appeals as anything that cuts down on large bits of kit to transport is OK with me.....:) and finally D) there are 3 Tortoise point machines under the board that have been inactive for ages so am not sure how much tweaking it'll take to get them functioning OK....;)

S

Simon Dunkley

Tres bien, mon general!

It should have appeared at Larkrail next month, but it's nowhere near presentable yet....
Quelle domage.
I've followed Crewe Alexandra (a.k.a The Alex) since I was knee high to a grasshopper also came into it.
You can get help with that, you know.

John D

Western Thunderer
Bon to see that vous etes back sur la voie:p

Oh! I wish I'd paid more attention learning French at school......there's probably tons of useful info in the books....but they are all in French:headbang: .......thank heavens for all the useful old French postcards (not THAT sort of postcard) that are available on t'internet , it really is a case of a photograph being worth a thousand words. :)

Osgood

Western Thunderer
Sacred blue! Having caught up with John's threads on baseboards and the Tram, I discovered his mention of THAT BOOK.

Unable to find a fusty old copy reeking of GAULOISES on eurobay, I was very surprised to discover that Camden Miniatures have managed to secure a further small batch of a reprint. Their webpage offers a tantalising glimpse of what the postman will be bringing me soon!!!

http://www.camdenmin.co.uk/le-monde-du-petit-train-p-2763.html

John D

Western Thunderer
It is indeed a magnificent volume containing photos and excellent drawings....BUT....as said ,I cannot read French and for £44 there's an awful lot of ,I'm sure, useful info in the text that is completely lost on me.....luckily I have a pal who I borrow a copy from.......for the photos and drawings ;)

John D

Western Thunderer
Nice one!!.....cracking engine but am not too enamored with the valve gear :eek:.....no sense of adventure me....;)