Finney7

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Dave @daifly - I'd like to do everything a business would want to do to keep things in the public perception all the time but I reckon Simon has explained it briefly and rather well. We set out to ensure that the Martin Finney kits remain available and in that, to a very large degree, we have succeeded. I find it difficult to come to terms with your suggestion that we "stand silently in the corner of a trading hall". You've clearly not seen us at work. Those who know me personally and other members of this team know that we spend more time in front of the stand inviting people to talk than sitting moribund expecting people to come to us. And I say this despite my (relatively) advanced age. Am I tired at the end of the day? Of course I am but I'd rather be doing that than almost anything else.

As far as the web site is concerned I'd love to personally keep that up to date but as you know already I'm an absolute technophobe, so it's not an aspect I can undertake. Those of us who are capable are pretty much otherwise engaged. We're working on producing new kits! That's the priority. The web site will be updated and my initial message here explains why we've had little to add to it recently.

In short Finney7 has involved considerable investment from each of us because we believed that the Finney range of kits should not be lost. Any success so far shows we were right to keep the range available. There's continuing individual cost in keeping the range in existence and our new kits develop the excellence established by Martin using the new techniques available in the 21st century. I also draw to your attention that there are 15 "Likes" to my message which I suggest indicates a level of understanding about what we are trying to achieve.

Let me know when you're next at a GOG show or any other we may attend. I look forward to continuing the debate at first hand.

Brian

daifly

Western Thunderer
Dave @daifly - "stand silently in the corner of a trading hall".
Brian

I was merely picking up on Mick's analogy "Sadly this is the demographics of an evolving consumer base, no point standing in thinning/empty halls advertising your wares." If a website is seen as a thinning/empty hall then I stand by my comment.

I fear that my analogous reply has been misinterpreted. I have seen you all at various exhibitions over the years and am well aware of the work done and hours expended. All 7mm modellers are grateful to have the Finney range still available and expanding. I simply expressed a view that the website was the place for announcements (or should at least be included) rather than dispersed around various forums and social media.

Dave

mickoo

Western Thunderer
No need to delete anything, honest observations are always welcome even if given robustly, it’s also freedom of speech which everyone is entitled to.

However, we retain the right to act, or not act, on that advice.

All of us have, or are still going through, private concerns that supersede updating the web page and other issues pushed down the order I’m afraid.

Finally, a spade being a spade, we haven’t actually had any significant news to put up on the web page for a long time.