EM Gauge 70s - May Update

AJC

Western Thunderer
It’s with great sadness that I read earlier today that Pete Johnson - whose wonderful creation Canada Street is - has died, most unexpectedly. I saw him at Expo only the other week so it’s something of a shock.

My condolences to all who knew him better than I did (probably just about everyone), and just to say that for my money, Canada Street is one of the finest layouts it’s ever been my privilege to see.

Adam

Zzz123

What a terrible shock - a wonderful modeller. Almost everything he built was an inspiration.

Seems to have been very sudden. RIP Pete.

Kier Hardy

Pete's passing has come as a real shock and I'm still trying to come to terms with it.... he was a very talented modeller and an inspiration to us all.

The next emgauge70s update in a few days time will be a tribute to his life and achievements, with all other project reports held over until the following month.

Our thoughts are with his family at this difficult time. Rest in peace Pete.

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
That’s terrible news - he was such a talented modeller. My sincere condolences to his family and friends. R.I.P. Pete.

Dan

MartinWales

Western Thunderer
Was only having a meal with him Karl Crowther Andy Ullyott and Pete's operating team on the Saturday night at Expo EM.

Not only a talented modeller but a really nice guy

Thoughts are with his family at this sad time

Dave F.

Western Thunderer
That's dreadful news, I'd spoken with Pete on a number of occasions over the years mainly at EXPOs and I can only agree with what's already been said above.

Dave Franks
Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

d827 kelly

Very sad news. I remember seeing Canada Street a couple of times and being impressed.

Condolenses to his family and friends.