Edge Lane Junction

PjKing1

Western Thunderer
Hi everyone it’s been a while since I posted sorry due to personal reasons, things have been pretty tough at home and I’ll be honest I’ve been in a pretty dark place, one thing I will say it’s good to talk. So there’d been no modelling up until the last couple of days on and off. I got my hands on a green Accurascale cl37 but haven’t dropped the wheelsets in yet but I did buy a spare set and I’ve used them to convert the Bachmann cl20. I was originally using the original wheels so I’d started making new brake rigging but when I discovered just a bit of filing was enough for the Accurascale wheels I’ve used them instead.

I’ve popped one wheel off, replaced the cogs and bearings with the Bachmann cogs and bearings then popped the wheel back on.
IMG_9611.jpeg
IMG_9612.jpeg
IMG_9613.jpeg
IMG_9614.jpeg
IMG_9655.jpeg
IMG_9656.jpeg

Paul

jonte

Western Thunderer
Hi everyone it’s been a while since I posted sorry due to personal reasons, things have been pretty tough at home and I’ll be honest I’ve been in a pretty dark place, one thing I will say it’s good to talk. So there’d been no modelling up until the last couple of days on and off. I got my hands on a green Accurascale cl37 but haven’t dropped the wheelsets in yet but I did buy a spare set and I’ve used them to convert the Bachmann cl20. I was originally using the original wheels so I’d started making new brake rigging but when I discovered just a bit of filing was enough for the Accurascale wheels I’ve used them instead.

I’ve popped one wheel off, replaced the cogs and bearings with the Bachmann cogs and bearings then popped the wheel back on.
View attachment 207558
View attachment 207559
View attachment 207560
View attachment 207561
View attachment 207562
View attachment 207563

Paul

Clever stuff, Paul, and the loco looks like it’s endured a hard working life ;)

Welcome back and here’s to a brighter future.

Jon

Roger Pound

Western Thunderer
I have every confidence in your weathering skills that this will soon resemble the 56's I used to see working out of Bardon Hill Quarry in Leicestershire when they were relatively new. They were quite clean, in fact, so your gentle weathering scheme would look well.

Roger :thumbs: .

adrian

Flying Squad
Although it’s not my era I just had to get one and I have to say it looks great, just waiting on the EM drop in wheelsets to arrive.
Whilst not a great fan of "out of the box" postings that really does look like a cut above the rest. I would be more interested in seeing what you do with it rather than what you got. If that makes sense?

Roger Pound

Western Thunderer
That sound is good - brings back memories of those locos with lengthy loads of Bardon Hill granite on the MML in years long, long gone by :)! Thanks for sharing it with us :thumbs:.

Roger.