Edge Lane Junction

jonte

Western Thunderer
Morning Tom, and everyone else, I’ve seen Roy Evans whilst on walks so I’m guessing he must live these ways to?

Paul

Roy who? ;)

Wouldn’t be surprised, Paul.

Lydiate, Maghull, Birkdale, Blundellsands were the des-res’ of old, Paul. Now they’ve all migrated to leafy Cheshire courtesy of their crazy wages. I believe your own Jordan Henderson has recently taken up residence in Higher Peover, or somewhere or other, in an opulent abode worth umpteen millions. To be fair, I’m aware that he was one of the more resourceful ones, building quite a property portfolio along the way, but I believe there are several who were short sighted enough to already declare themselves bankrupt.

That said, your own Stevie Gee and Jamie Carragher are still local, together with Virgil Van Dyke, and until recently, we still had one or two of the current Everton Batch only a stone’s throw from here.

Jon

PjKing1

Western Thunderer
Roy who? ;)

Wouldn’t be surprised, Paul.

Lydiate, Maghull, Birkdale, Blundellsands were the des-res’ of old, Paul. Now they’ve all migrated to leafy Cheshire courtesy of their crazy wages. I believe your own Jordan Henderson has recently taken up residence in Higher Peover, or somewhere or other, in an opulent abode worth umpteen millions. To be fair, I’m aware that he was one of the more resourceful ones, building quite a property portfolio along the way, but I believe there are several who were short sighted enough to already declare themselves bankrupt.

That said, your own Stevie Gee and Jamie Carragher are still local, together with Virgil Van Dyke, and until recently, we still had one or two of the current Everton Batch only a stone’s throw from here.

Jon
Sorry for the late reply Jon been a busy weekend although I’ve still not had chance to take a wander down by the station yet, I also need to get my ass into gear and do some modelling!!

Paul

PjKing1

Western Thunderer
No modelling at all unfortunately as early’s continues so it’s basically work bed work, I’ve also got a trainee with me so reports to fill out each evening. Hopefully and a big hopefully something done this week.

Paul

PjKing1

Western Thunderer
I started to weathering the road bridge last night using various powders
IMG_5895.jpeg
IMG_5896.jpeg

I then sealed it this morning and then removed most if it to give a nice aged look. I meant to take some photos but a few things to do before work, if you can call if work! Just left a lovely sunny York, ignore the bug splats
IMG_5914.jpeg

Paul

jonte

Western Thunderer

PjKing1

Western Thunderer
Quality, Paul :thumbs:

Puts me in mind of the one at Canada Dock (?) - I think it was situated on the road down towards the docks from Bankhall station near to its junction with Derby Road - that I’ve encountered in online photographs of the area over the years.

Jon
I’ve seen some great old photos of that Jon

Paul

PjKing1

Western Thunderer
I love this hot weather but I must admit it does lower the modelling mojo, been off for nearly a week but only managed a bit on the bridge, the road surface has been attached to the brickwork, I’ve started weathering the road surface and pavements and I’ve added the two street lights although only to see how they will look once they are ready to be installed properly.
IMG_6021.jpeg

Obligatory bus pics
IMG_6036.jpeg
IMG_6037.jpeg
IMG_6035.jpeg
IMG_6039.jpeg
IMG_6041.jpeg

We have lights!
IMG_6067.jpegIMG_6068.jpeg
IMG_6069.jpeg
IMG_6070.jpeg
IMG_6072.jpeg

Paul

jonte

Western Thunderer
Very nice, Paul.

Did those buses terminate at the old Seaforth terminus of the Overhead Railway on The Dock Road? ;)

You just need an Atlantean or two to finish the scene :thumbs:

Jon

John57sharp

Western Thunderer
(Dons old bus anorak before speaking) E2 is indeed an Atlantean PDR1, albeit an early one, but a few iconic Alexander bodied ones would be a treat. I’m not sure what period Paul is modelling but I think they came along late 60’s with the PTE.
(coat off, back to shrinking violet mode!)

John

jonte

Western Thunderer
(Dons old bus anorak before speaking) E2 is indeed an Atlantean PDR1, albeit an early one, but a few iconic Alexander bodied ones would be a treat. I’m not sure what period Paul is modelling but I think they came along late 60’s with the PTE.

John

:))

I recall them having a concertina door if memory serves,John,so perhaps a later version?

Cheers

Jon

Edit: just noticed them - need new specs I fear :oops:

Roger Pound

Western Thunderer
I keep looking for the Colas locos and yellow rolling stock testing that superb track, Paul :)! Love the weathering on the bridge walls - my ludicrous attempt at weathering a yard crane failed due to the aerosol being in 'spatter' mode. Just shows - chuck old cans away as the pressure fails as time goes by. I shall look and learn from your handsome efforts. Looking forward to further news and pictures from Edge Lane Junction as and when.

Roger :thumbs:

PjKing1

Western Thunderer

John
Thanks John bus info would be much appreciated, I know a bit about buses but not that much, I’m modelling mid 60’s give or take a year or two, Atlantean’s are my fav though always loved them since being a kid.

Paul

PjKing1

Western Thunderer
I keep looking for the Colas locos and yellow rolling stock testing that superb track, Paul :)! Love the weathering on the bridge walls - my ludicrous attempt at weathering a yard crane failed due to the aerosol being in 'spatter' mode. Just shows - chuck old cans away as the pressure fails as time goes by. I shall look and learn from your handsome efforts. Looking forward to further news and pictures from Edge Lane Junction as and when.

Roger :thumbs:
Thanks Roger much appreciated as always :thumbs:

Paul