Does anything change?

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
I think we've proven that the hobby is alive and kicking and that the "younger generation" are more than happy to pick up the mantle.

As a 76 year old who loves his steam but so appreciates the work being done by the modern modellers in steam, diesel and electric I'm now stepping back (not that you won't hear from me in future!) Model building is good modelling to whatever standard as long as it satisfies the originator. My own building has been significantly influenced by what I've learned on WT and when I started I would not have believed I could create locomotives which recreate those I saw in my youth. My only need is to pass on my experiences to legitimise the work f those who come after.

Good on you chaps, chapesses and those of any other persuasion. I'll go to my bed tonight with a smile.

Brian

Herb Garden

Western Thunderer
I think we've proven that the hobby is alive and kicking and that the "younger generation" are more than happy to pick up the mantle.

As a 76 year old who loves his steam but so appreciates the work being done by the modern modellers in steam, diesel and electric I'm now stepping back (not that you won't hear from me in future!) Model building is good modelling to whatever standard as long as it satisfies the originator. My own building has been significantly influenced by what I've learned on WT and when I started I would not have believed I could create locomotives which recreate those I saw in my youth. My only need is to pass on my experiences to legitimise the work f those who come after.

Good on you chaps, chapesses and those of any other persuasion. I'll go to my bed tonight with a smile.

Brian
Brian,

You nearly brought a tear to my eye, really moving and encouraging.

I hope we do you and the hobby proud!

George

djparkins

Western Thunderer
It is interesting that just as we've been having this discussion, the latest edition of MRJ has just arrived here today.

I was feeling lazy on hot Friday afternoon so I got sidetracked from CAD and had a read.

There is a letter in the 'letters' colum [not surprisingly] from R. G. Elliott of Taunton, which raises many of the issues and concerns we've been discussing in this thread.

Just thought I'd alert any members who have the mag but might have overlooked the letter. They might fiond it interesting.

DJP