DJH closing down

sagaguy

Western Thunderer
All is not lost. DJH Loco Ltd.
I am sure many will have heard the sad news that DJH Group Ltd are closing down and ceasing all manufacturing.
I am very pleased to say that Squires are purchasing the assets of DJH Model Loco Ltd.
This includes the tooling, masters, cads, original drawings etc to produce the ranges previously offered, this includes the O Gauge, OO and HO ranges and the Motor and Gearboxes that DJH produced.
We wish to continue the Ready to Run range of O Gauge Locos and to also offer the bespoke building service as currently offered by DJH.
There will be little or no complete stock available to buy on completion, and there is literally tons of moulds, masters, etches, spares and machines to be moved before we can start production again.
A lot of work to do but very excited.
Yes, Squires "went shopping" again!
Kind regards
Roger Lewis

adrian

Flying Squad
All is not lost. DJH Loco Ltd.
I am sure many will have heard the sad news that DJH Group Ltd are closing down and ceasing all manufacturing.
I am very pleased to say that Squires are purchasing the assets of DJH Model Loco Ltd.
This includes the tooling, masters, cads, original drawings etc to produce the ranges previously offered, this includes the O Gauge, OO and HO ranges and the Motor and Gearboxes that DJH produced.
We wish to continue the Ready to Run range of O Gauge Locos and to also offer the bespoke building service as currently offered by DJH.
There will be little or no complete stock available to buy on completion, and there is literally tons of moulds, masters, etches, spares and machines to be moved before we can start production again.
A lot of work to do but very excited.
Yes, Squires "went shopping" again!
Kind regards
Roger Lewis
My apologies for being picky but please can you link to a notice or press release to that effect. As my father was a proprietor of a small business I know how rumour and speculation can damage a company. The details seem quite specific in this case so I'm sure there is probably genuine substance behind your post but I would be more comfortable having a link to an official press release.

Thanks

Adrian.

Mick LNER

Western Thunderer
Looking at the DJH website there isnt a lot left for sale. They never moved on with the times, they were still trying to sell OO kits from years ago which had never been improved slab chassis etc. Ellis Clark are trying to sell the remains of the OO range at the moment.

Mick LNER

Western Thunderer
On the Dark Side a message has also be posted from the Mod stating the same info. Squires have taken the DJH products on.

Mick LNER

Western Thunderer
Hopefully they have someone to look at the range and then decide.

1. Saleable as recived.
2 .Needs major update e.g new chassis at a minimum. This relates to 4mm UK Locos , no idea how good/bad the other ranges are.

I can think of quite few of the second option.