Difficulty in accessing WT

timbowales

Western Thunderer
Had five goes to get on. Kept getting:
View attachment 218516

Then:

Resource Limit Is Reached​

The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.

Then failed to load at all and I had to go and do something else.

I wonder how long it will be before we get a problem again?
It's actually happening like this every morning so far this week.......
Tim T

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
I've had absolutely none of these issues at all. I'm feeling quite left out!! :))

Using Chrome on my Samsung/Android phone. No problems. :thumbs:

daifly

Western Thunderer
It's probably best not to post at all if you can only show an acre of white space. It contributes little particularly as it's noit the first post of this type.

Dave

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
It's probably best not to post at all if you can only show an acre of white space. It contributes little particularly as it's noit the first post of this type.

Dave
I take it Rob isn't posting acres of white space on purpose? It's a graphic demonstration though of just one of the issues members seem to be having, almost at random.
Still no issues to report for me.

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
I take it Rob isn't posting acres of white space on purpose? It's a graphic demonstration though of just one of the issues members seem to be having, almost at random.

Still no issues to report for me.

Exactly. And here's another. Quote post. Cursor moves into quote. (

Big space appears. My words now in post.

Then cursor jumps out of quote. None of this is intentional. Rather frustrating and at the point where I'd rather not post until resolved.

Rob

Richard Gawler

Western Thunderer
It is intermittent so could prove to be tricky to resolve. Especially as it doesn't seem to affect everyone.

Rob.
I don't have this text insertion problem. I suggest a reboot in case it is local to you.

I use Android 13, Win 10 and Mac OS 10.15.7 (this now obsolete), all through a VPN and so far, either the site is working perfectly or unreachable.

I found the site to be available early morning and from mid-afternoon onwards yesterday and the day before. Perhaps a pattern will emerge.

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
342 this morning, why don't we shut the guests down ?

I would imagine this may be difficult as the system/system administrators would have to be able to identify the genuine guests from the robots/AI harvesting/mining bots.

I do not always log in to see what is being updated across WT and as such would appear in the numbers as a guest. Furthermore some of the guests could be WT members who have not logged in and/or just left the web page open.

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
I've come to the conclusion that until my problems are resolved, at whichever end that may be, I'm better off not trying to post as it's simply too frustrating.

Rob

PhilH

Western Thunderer
This may be stating the obvious and many members may do it this way, but I usually write any text I post on WT offline in a word document. Its only posted when its complete and checked for spelling (and that it makes reasonable sense !) by copying and pasting into the new post. That way if there's any breakdowns or interruptions you still have the complete text to post again.

With regard to posts that don't come out as intended - acres of bank space or the same message posted twice - its quite possible for members to delete these if required.

David Waite

Western Thunderer
A few times this week and last week I had to give up and try again later, each time I had a Insufficient storage space warning come on my screen, what I have noticed it was happening between 4 pm to 7:30 pm this is a time slot when our internet slows down I assume when everyone is on their computers after 7:30 pm the message disappears but it can take a long time to load something it then picks up slowly and by 8:30 pm to 9 pm its pretty much back to normal, many times I don't get to see photos that members post but a small question mark in the centre where the picture would be shown, why this is all happening I don’t know but if I go over to YouTube it’s all good no problem there.
David.

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
A few times this week and last week I had to give up and try again later, each time I had a Insufficient storage space warning come on my screen, what I have noticed it was happening between 4 pm to 7:30 pm this is a time slot when our internet slows down I assume when everyone is on their computers after 7:30 pm the message disappears but it can take a long time to load something it then picks up slowly and by 8:30 pm to 9 pm its pretty much back to normal, many times I don't get to see photos that members post but a small question mark in the centre where the picture would be shown, why this is all happening I don’t know but if I go over to YouTube it’s all good no problem there.

Everyones watching the Euro 2024 Finals :mad:. Also the afternoon/evening in the UK equates to the start of office hours in the States.

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
Well, I can't even quote Dave to reply directly so, as I say, until it's sorted, I'll stay off the forum as the urge to throw my phone across the room is growing ever stronger with each attempt.

Ha-ha, which one of us - we're everywhere :)

Seems strange how the issue(s) randomly affects users. I wouldn't even know how to resolve it - one of the many vagaries/curses of AI and t'interweb.

DavidB

Western Thunderer
Everyones watching the Euro 2024 Finals :mad:. Also the afternoon/evening in the UK equates to the start of office hours in the States.
Oh no they're not. Frankly, I can think of few things less interesting. Paint drying, perhaps?

According to YouGov, '58% of Britons say they will follow Euro 2024 to any degree, including a third who will follow it “a great deal” (14%) or “a fair amount” (21%).' That leaves 42% not following to any degree!