1/32 Difference between 10mm and 1/32

paulc

Western Thunderer
Accoding to this https://lnwrs.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/Gauge-1-Models.pdf it was probably a kit designed by Barry Jones of Modellers World in 7mm about 45 years ago and enlarged to Gauge 1 by I'm not sure who, now in the care of Walsall Model Industries. If it is that one its mechanical design isn't great but I think its accurate.

Mike
Hi Mike , many thanks for that . When i got the kit from eeeebay it came with wheels and they do look like Walsall castings . Someone has started machining and then stopped , i don't think they actually knew what the next step was although the work is top notch . The etches are good and are mostly nickel silver , luverly stuff . Luckily i have an 80 watt soldering iron as the parts are huge heat sinks but have for the most part gone together well .
The build reminds me of when i made my first O gauge kit when i was still modelling in OO , what a revelation . It took a month to dispose of my OO and start the O gauge journey but I'm not sure i will move from O to 1 16906964185031143406783.jpg