Chris' Toy Chuffer Pix

D6331

Western Thunderer
Looks to me like he's trying to do a large "Parp!"

"I'd give it 5 minutes!" said Chris the Former Constipated Engine, rushing from the shed...

;)

Chris Nevard

Western Thunderer
nevard_120520_BQ_IMG_3323_SILLY_WEB.jpg Here's another one of complete sillyness and the effect of sleeping on too much vintage port and strong cheese - I think that might be Captain Kernow in the yellow, other characters include Chris Leigh and my wife and I are in there.

Chris Nevard

Western Thunderer
Are Chris and Tim fugitives on the run hiding in barrels away from the police helicoptor?

I'm not quite sure, but the helicopter does appear to be flying low - maybe a parsnip theft? I think that's Mr Leigh copying something out of the Magical Mystery Tour on the bunker of Radstock.

Chris Nevard

Western Thunderer
I've been messing about with some lighting techniques, always better to try them out at home first rather than a paid jobby - and seeing that Cement Quay is still set up what better!

The chaps at the mag gave me the rather nice Hornby O1 to shoot some reviews pics, however once they were done I couldn't resist plonking the little beastie onto CQ to do some shots 'just for me'. This is one loco I'd love to put through the weathering shop - I think it would respond really well. I was surprised to see that they lasted until 1965, quite how it got as far at the edge of the Severn I'll never know ;)

nevard_121202_CQ_IMG_1758_WEB.jpg

A little later on a pannier tank and ex Lanky 'Pug' came out to play.....
nevard_121202_CQ_IMG_1772_WEB.jpgnevard_121202_CQ_IMG_1766_BW_WEB.jpg

CQ was built as a modern day layout, but I'm definitely going to back date it for the next outing, a few old fashioned embellishments like the 1930's lamp standard helping the vintage feel. The modern Lafarge branding seen on some of the buildings (on top of the silos at the other end of th elayout) is easily packed away safely.

Chris Nevard

Western Thunderer
A couple of snaps taken at 0545 this morning (early start) whilst waiting for the kettle to boil. The slightly oversized chap leaning out of the 47 is a train driver pal of mine just for gags...

The 4F is now 30 years old and in recent times given a fully compensated Comet chassis. This loco of course has its faults with oversized splashers, but its probably the one I'd keep along with my old Johnson 1P if I had to keep just two engines in my collection.

nevard_121203_CQ_IMG_1787_WEB.jpg

nevard_121203_CQ_IMG_1801_mark_WEB.jpg

Simon

Flying Squad
Hi Chris

Your water is really effective.

I'm currently contemplating a new "indoor" G1 thing, which would be designed to be a window display for the shop as well as a "working" layout. It is based on a new drawing from my friend Peter Barnfield, who dropped into the shop on Saturday with a further plan he'd drawn up and a photograph of a sort of lighthouse thing. Water would feature a lot on the new idea, it's a sort of tidal estuary/dock theme.

Sorry to be a lazy pain, but can you give me some magazine or web references on your method as used above so I can have a read-up?

Thanks very much

Simon

28ten

Guv'nor
Chris
i have been given a small light tent this weekend and you mentioned one in another post , could you recommend a suitable light source(s)? without going OTT :)

Chris Nevard

Western Thunderer
S

SteveO

Chris, do you use some sort of focus layering in your shots? Also, what filters do you use in Photoshop? I can guess some heavy use of contrast, along with some colour filters using levels and/or curves?

Chris Nevard

Western Thunderer
I do focus stack, the rest is mostly the lighting (I formally trained as an advertising photographer using film so I try to get as much right in camera as possible). I always shoot RAW which allows far better control of levels and colour balance than in camera JPEG.