Burgess Hill Model Railway Club 2012

BCN-Pete

Western Thunderer
Just to advise on a one day exhibition next weekend, Saturday 12 May 2012.

I used to be a member of BHMRC 25 years or go and when I pop back with my family to see my folks I usually try to coincide it with this exhibition. It's a one day event, and for me the quality of the layouts is usually very good. Last year they celebrated 60 years of the club so they hired a second hall, which they have also done this year too.

The event is held at Burgess Hill School for Girls, Keymer Road Burgess Hill, West Sussex RH15 OEG. Open from 10.00 - 17:00pm. The School is 5 minutes walk from Burgess Hill Mainline Railway station.​
The line up is as per the attachments.​

Hall_Floorplan.jpg Gym_Floorplan_V2.jpg

1 Orestone Quay
2 Little Binfield Light Railway
3 Realistic Scenics
4 DBH Services
5 Martells
6 Railroad Trading
7 Asciano del Lamone
8 Club Second hand
9 Club Showcase
10 3mm Society
11 3mm Scale Models
12 Redford Junction
13 Lavender Line publicity
14 Michael Pendell demonstrator
15 Junction 10 Merchandising
16 Nest Films
17 Golden Arrow Productions
18 Carriage & Wagon Models
19 Pagham Harbour
20 Whatlington
21 Whiteoak Light Railway
22 Minic Motorways
23 Loftus Road
24 W M Collectables
25 Sonne, See und Schmalspur
26 Drive Thomas & paintings
27 Even Better Looking Deltics
28 Three Bridges Canyon
29 Models U Drive
30 Botleigh Old North Road
31 Broke Brick Mountain
32 Bash Street Goods

I flew and exhibited my 2mmFS KoL in a boxfile in 2010 and I have promised another 2mmFS layout in a boxfile for the 2013 exhibition...I had better get a wiggle on...:eek:

BCN-Pete

Western Thunderer
Just a bump for this as its tomorrow.

If anyone sees a slightly stressed 46 year old running around trying to find his two kids, that will be me...:D

BCN-Pete

Western Thunderer
A few pics from the show - very enjoyable it was too...not a huge show, but always layouts of quality.

JH 1.jpg

Jon Hughes diesel depot...this is the first module of something larger planned...

JH 2.jpg

And serves as a backdrop for his 'super detailed Deltic' which was in BRM earlier this year...

PB 1.jpg

Peter Bossom's excellent Whatlington in 3mm...

PB 6.jpg

Overall of the layout...

IMG_3865.JPG

DMU's are from WW scratch aid kits...

PB 7.jpg

Always happy to see the fiddleyards me... :)

Only managed to take these shots as just had the phone but usually they post a few pics on the BHMRC website afterwards...

Managed to resist buying anything as well...not sure I have ever done that before at an exhibition...mind you, I felt a tad guilty as I had a load of 7mm stuff to collect and sneak pack into the return journey suitcases...its a damn sight easier to do that in 2mmFS...:eek:

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
I like Jon Hughes diesel depot. I've got something similar on my workbench that I'm now building to S7 scale. Mind you it's been on the workbench for several years so dont expect to see it anytime soon!

BCN-Pete

Western Thunderer
I like Jon Hughes diesel depot. I've got something similar on my workbench that I'm now building to S7 scale. Mind you it's been on the workbench for several years so dont expect to see it anytime soon!

Thanks Phil - Jon blogged it on RMweb if you are interested...and also the work on his Deltic and 47...

Looked great Pete, shame I wasn't able to make both shows.

Steve, hi - Never mind...perhaps next year...I will be exhibited another boxfile layout next year...I had better get a wiggle on and start building it...:eek:

Thank you for the photographs, very good photos of really nice layouts.

Thanks Graham...there should be a selection of all the layouts added to the http://www.burgesshillmrc.org.uk/ link sometime should you wish to see a better overview of the layouts...