7mm , Blackney, A Glimpse of the Forest

Alan

Western Thunderer
This last week I have been finishing off a yard crane I started several weeks ago. I'm not sure how appropriate it is for the layout. The thoughts are that at one time timber in the form of trunks was loaded here, and that Frank Drake has to occasionally load and unload bits of unweildy machinery. It is now not often used. It still needs bedding in to the lauout and the brickwork around the edge of the circular paltform needs a few weeds etc. The problem with using string as the cable with a light plastic hook is that it will not lie straight down, as the crane is not going to be a working model I clipped a small clamp on the hook, which kept the cord tight, and then ran thin superglue down it, when dry this was painted with weathered balck and frame dirt.

LarryG

Western Thunderer
I think the weathering is well done on the 4-wheel railbus, but it doesn't look like it could be washed off and so it is more reminiscent of post-1964 when everything was going downhill.

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Frank has now moved from his lorry and is now taking a break on the plinth of the crane after securing the hook.
Another one??!! :eek: life is one long break for Frank Drake!!! Looking forward to seeing how long it's going to take him to rope down the crate. I hope the end customer doesn't want it delivered within the next decade or so.... :p :D

Alan

Western Thunderer
The sleepers are a mixture of Lifecolor's sleeper grime, track dirt, break dust and weathered black---I think it was done a couple of years ago
The track sides, again I think are rust from Lifecolors rust pack and track dirt and possibly humbrol track dirt. I can't honestly remember although it may be mentioned further back in the thread.

jonte

Western Thunderer
The sleepers are a mixture of Lifecolor's sleeper grime, track dirt, break dust and weathered black---I think it was done a couple of years ago
The track sides, again I think are rust from Lifecolors rust pack and track dirt and possibly humbrol track dirt. I can't honestly remember although it may be mentioned further back in the thread.

Many thanks, Alan.

Jonte

Alan

Western Thunderer
Grampus now finished and weathered with load of ballast (removeable). I decided when adding the transfers that one side would be pre-tops and the other tops, thus giving me 2 wagons as it were and allowing a certain flexibility in time.

pre-TOPS

Post TOPS

Just about to leave.