7mm , Blackney, A Glimpse of the Forest

Alan

Western Thunderer
Almost there, still a few minor details to add. I did most of the stone work last night and I took advantage that I had to be in this morning (phone, landline, playing up) to finish off and grab a few snaps.

and with the trees back in place.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
Looks very good Alan. This is one of the best and most convincing countryside fiddleyard entrances/exits I've seen in a long while :thumbs:.

As you say the fiddleyard backscene colours just requires tinkering to match the colours above the bridge. The alternative is to photograph part of your existing backscene, print, stick it to a piece of card and install.

The icing on the cake would be to carry the ballasting through to the fiddleyard on the sections visible in the photos.

Alan

Western Thunderer
Thanks Dave. The backscene was from Photos of the main layout. It would appear that the colours on my PC screen and the printer are a bit at odds. I have had another go and they are still not quite right. I like the idea of extending the ballasting. If I get really board during this new lock down I might do something about it.

michael mott

Western Thunderer
You may have also noticed that I've made some fiddleyard backscenes to give some continuity on the photos, They need a bit of work to get the colour right.

Looks quite convincing I wonder if adding just a touch of the woodland type materials to the fiddle backscene would lessen the problems with the colours. The bridge looks great by the way.

Michael

Alan

Western Thunderer
As it's getting near the end of a very strange year, I thought I'd look back and see what "major" work I had done in 2020. I think all of what is shown was done after the photos were taken for the srticle in Noember's BRM, they were taken in early June, so some of this was on the work bench but not completed.

Have a good Christmas everyone and lets hope for a much better 2021.

First the Dapol Vanfit weathered

Second the Dodge lorry ,Slaters Vanwide and a couple of characters

3rd the Intentio lamp hut and bike and yet another character

Parkside Ply Van

A Parkside ex PO wagon

Parkside mineral wagon (ex MOWT)

The old tramway bridge

Alan

Western Thunderer
It's now afternoon at Blakeney and 3775 arrives with two vans for Forest Furniture (Bespoke cabinet makers) to pick up deliveries for Liberty's in London and a posh shop in Manchester. Forest Furniture was set when the local colliers and quarries started shutting down. Using wood from the forest and local saw mills. They soon developed a reputation for high quality and craftsmanship. Liberty's realised that this excellent hand built furniture would suit their customers for Arts and Craft type goods.

Last edited:

Alan

Western Thunderer
Not having posted for some time I thought a couple of the Railway room might be OK. It's 12ftx 9ft into the alcoves. The flood light which is nearly always directed at the ceiling allows a better even light on the layout as there is no pelmet with layout lights yet.

MR 3.jpg

MR 5.jpg

Alan

Western Thunderer
The vans having arrived for the Forest Furniture the whole train is pushed back up the industrial branch, rather like the Sling Branch,

After loading the vans the train is brought back down the branch with the brake van behind the the loco.

When clear of the branch point the loco uncouple and runs round the train.

And couples up.

And the leaves.

steve50

Western Thunderer
Great photo's Alan. That's a fine railway room you have there too.
Where did you get the floodlight? I've been looking at lighting kits on e bay as I'd like to try and get some better photo's of my layout.

Steve.