Beattie's infamous resin 24

S

SteveO

I know we're already 5 months into the year, but I did make a promise to myself to complete at least 5 or 6 wagons by the end of it, plus make a good start on my shuffling layout and my two Beattie 24s.

It's the latter that I need advice on. I've already earmarked Steph's motor bogies for the builds (in one case a rebuild) but I'd like advice on other details of the resin bodies and bogie sides.

From a cursory glance, the cab windows need attention to open them up a bit, the grills on the sides could need looking at and the supplied bogie sides are, err, interesting. Does anyone have any solutions to these problem areas or advice to put them right? The windows should be fairly easy to sort with a file but I'm stuck on the other bits.

TIA

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi Steve,:thumbs:

I think a couple of pics of the body will help people identify problems/solutions etc.

Rob:)

S

SteveO

Cheers all. I'll pop in the loft and take some snaps over the weekend. Have a good one all, it's going to be a cracker!

S

Simon Dunkley

A lot better looking than the Bachmann 24;) ..........what were they thinking of ? :confused: :eek:

Phill :)
Using the same information or their 4mm scale version?
Oh no, that had different errors about the cab...

For all its other faults, SB got the basic shape right with that kit.

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
The Blue Brigade model the blue era, which in some instances including mine includes green or maroon diesels & the odd maroon or green coach :)