Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
I must have blinked and missed those Jordan, thanks for the heads-up - inspiration for all...:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

cheers

Mike

Neil

Western Thunderer
Yes he's rather good at the micro layout. I've an idea he'd be pretty good (understatement if ever there was) at any sort of layout he put his mind to.

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
It is good modelling.

I believe micro layouts are more inspiring than the larger layouts. Maybe it's the fact you can actually 'finish' it,
continue adding small details, build another micro layout, 'finish' it, continue adding small details, build anoth.... etc.

BCN-Pete

Western Thunderer
Certainly are!! Thanks for posting!! My own Micr-O layouts are looking decidedly basic in the scenics department...:oops:

Whilst there might be less scenics...WR is still inspiring..and was one of two fundamental micro's in my 7mm toe dipping exercise...

BCN-Pete

Western Thunderer
Just out of interest, what was the other layout that inspired you, Pete?

I thought you might ask that ;)

It was Marc Smiths first Micro (the one I gave the link to above)

I think both of you guys helped dispell the myth that 7mm needs a lot of room and its very expensive...

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
I can use the excuse that WR isn't finished, yet.
Just how many posts back were you worried about belonging? Seems that you have sorted the Western Region aspect of the concern.... just need to embrace fluid couplings and you will be on the way to the day care centre.

:thumbs:

regards, Graham

D6331

Western Thunderer
A certain Class 22 turned up on my pal Marc's layout at the recent Lord & Butler show here in Cardiff.. I was next to Marc with my micro Gn15 (Gnott Mushroom (muchroom) Sidings)..

Roger

Attachments

• DSC_0134.JPG
    DSC_0134.JPG
    671.7 KB · Views: 38

Buckjumper

Flying Squad
And just to add to these...check these 7mm Micro's...lovely stuff...:thumbs:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/56870-osney-town/page__fromsearch__1

Not sure how I missed this thread before (easier to understand how I missed the thread over there - it's becoming increasingly difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff, but where there's wheat it's very, very good), so thanks for posting the link, Pete.

Osney Town is (was, will be) very nice and has sparked off a couple of ideas for #1 son's micro for his steam tram.:thumbs:

D6331

Western Thunderer
Point and sneer? Nope. The well attended show brought forth much pointing - mainly at the layout and not at Marc - no sneering and lots of impressed punters! The 22 had a trundle about and is now in the "works" being chipped in a nice way..

Cheers
Roger

Attachments

• DSC_0133.JPG
    DSC_0133.JPG
    583.5 KB · Views: 20

westernfan

Western Thunderer
Showed my one of my layouts for the first time at one of Lord and Butlers toy fair come mini shows it was held up the Heath in the old Gym must be nine years ago now.

D6331

Western Thunderer
"Lister" is back from the works today, having been "chipped" and fitted with new pick ups! Runs like a 63'er.. only better and not on fire!

Hurrah!
Roger

D6331

Western Thunderer
You mean it's broken down already:))

:D Not just yet! They were quite reliable the first day or two out of the works! Give it time..

(On the plus side it only cost £20 and £15 of that was the work to one bogie where the pick ups had packed up)

And hey, it's Friday, had curry and beer and its Camrail on the morrow.

Roger