Zoom Workshop

Zoom meeting
  • paratom

Western Thunderer
    Links to any future meeting will be posted in the members section under Members Board. Saturdays meeting has been posted there.
    Tom,
    That's a good point about recording and posting the meeting for those who could not attend. Ironically, I would be one of those people, and without your posted video, would never have identified the issue with screen sharing. Carry on. :thumbs: I do hope to sign on for a future meeting, if I remember to set an alarm and get out of bed. 6 A.M. on a Saturday morning will take some real determination from me. :oops:

This issue should be an effect of the "Waiting Room" function in the Zoom settings. It's is in fact a security feature that was added after the rash of crashed meetings once the number of Zoom meetings exploded in response to Covid. By virtue of the need to individually admit users to a meeting, you can make sure that no unwanted guests can gain access. This is especially a consideration if you are posting the meeting invitation on an open environment like the forum. The alternative is to toggle the Waiting Room function off, in which case you will not need to admit guests. The attendant risk of course is that some nefarious (and misguided) character may choose to crash a meeting of railway modelers for some sort of questionable ends. A non railway modeler might argue that the punishment for such a transgression should include being forced to stay for the entire meeting once they join. Sort of a sedate version of the Ludovico Technique. :oops::D:))

It might make sense going forward to post the invite in the member section of the forum, if that means that only members can access it. You could then feel fairly confident that all participants who bother to join the meeting truly want to be there.

You can access the toggle for the Waiting Room function when you schedule the meeting, by clicking on the "Advanced Options" button at the bottom of the scheduling dialog box.

View attachment 130343

It is suggested in some of the Help content that you can change this default in your account settings, so that you don't have to change it for every meeting you schedule. That option is available if you access your profile settings under the Meetings tab. However, I have tried this, and yet the "Enable Waiting Room" option still shows up in the schedule dialog box. This may be down to my account type, which is Free. Or it simply be that I'm not doing things correctly. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure what type of account you are utilizing, or how you are organizing the meetings. So take a look at this Zoom support link as it explains the Waiting Room options under different conditions.

Jim
    Hi Jim took your advice and now posting to the members area. Thanks.