Virtually Nothing

Martin Shaw

Western Thunderer
The title rather accurately describes the output of my workshop this year, which apart from the general malaise has also been beset with health issues, and to cap it all I had a second detached retina in early November which has been operated on and my sight saved, but it was a bit scary.

You may remember in Nov 20 I was building some motor bogies for a model of 20003, one of the SR Co-Co electric locos, so this year I have done something similar for a class 73 which is shortly off to a new home. The model had a pretty horrible pair of coarse scale bogies that didn't easily lend themselves to being altered so I hasve provided the basic inner bogies that will utilise the existing cosmetic outers, the new owner is motorising, installing pickups and mounting the bogies within the frames, as well as a repaint into the early green livery carried by the first 6 locos.
IMG_1203.JPG

This would have all happened much quicker if I hadn't had an ongoing teatment for most of this year for heamachromatosis which is thankfully going in the right direction. All in all not the best of times I may say, which is why this year hasn't been that productive, but thanks to WT there has been a daily diet of interesting happenings to keep me occupied. I am grateful.

Meanwhile may I wish you all a very merry Christmas and in due course a Happy New Year.

Best wishes for 2022
Martin

David B

Western Thunderer
Very nice looking bogies - so sorry you’ve had such a challenging year and best wishes for a much better 2022.

Happy Christmas!

Osgood

Western Thunderer
I had to look that up (haemachromatosis - well, ok, 20003 as well!) - glad its heading in the right direction.
Enjoy the festivities.