Theft of EM gauge models

simond

Western Thunderer
Something to make us smile

I trust Steve won't mind me quoting his post in its entirety

The wanderers return.........
Or
Miracles do happen.............

First an apology for not posting this earlier, but you will understand the Police have been involved and we didn’t want to disturb their enquiries in any way.

A few weeks ago the Lime Street Crew received this message from John:

"Hi Chaps.
Well look what came home tonight ! I can hardly believe it.

Returned2.jpg.d1f1dba2ebe6be66718ae27cad00ecdf.jpg

Returned1.jpg.4eebd363a5d734552b7c5cb3dba0a322.jpg
Late this afternoon I received an Email. All it said was “Good evening please could you call me. “ Apart from this he gave me his phone number.
At first I wasn’t sure if it was a scam, however I phoned him. Turns out he is a trader in second hand Model trains and toy cars. He lives at XXXXX near XXXXXXXXX and bought all the locos at a car boot sale at Bilsborrow near Garstang about two months ago.
He found that they would not stay on the track (00), so wondered if they were stolen.
Apparently he was able to trace our theft and somehow managed to find my phone number. He offered to come over this evening to check if the models were indeed ours. Guess what, they are all ours !!
When I get over the shock I’ll have to rethink our way forward.
Onwards & Upwards,
John."

As you can imagine, the whole team are over the moon.
A couple of the returned engines have already been chipped and others will follow..........

Steve.

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
That is absolutely fantastic news. I wonder where these models have been kept since they were stolen. That was a good while ago.

Of course, they could have gone through quite a few hands before they ended up at the car boot. It seems an unlikely place to sell model trains so one wonders whether the seller had any knowledge of the market.

Well done that dealer too. He deserves a medal!

Brian

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Of course, they could have gone through quite a few hands before they ended up at the car boot. It seems an unlikely place to sell model trains so one wonders whether the seller had any knowledge of the market.
As the Dealer who bought them (in good faith, it seems) wasn't informed they didn't fit on OO track, it would appear not.
At least he was decent & honest himself. :thumbs:

OzzyO

Western Thunderer
When I get over the shock I’ll have to rethink our way forward.
Onwards & Upwards,
John."

As you can imagine, the whole team are over the moon.
A couple of the returned engines have already been chipped and others will follow..........

Steve.
Hello John,

what fantastic news.
All I can say is get more or better security for where the layout and stock live.

I'll say it again, what fantastic news.

ATVB

OzzyO.

simond

Western Thunderer
Ozzy, all, thanks for your kind comments, which I have passed on to John, Steve & the Lime Street crew on t’other channel.