NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Myst admit, I'd avoid Prague centre if I was on two wheels. Cobbles+Tramtracks+wet/damp day is very unfriendly to motorbikes.

Outside of that, Czech is a great country to explore on two wheels. Did it in 2011. One of many high lights was whilst sat in a cafe on the town square in Tabor. We saw an old boy approach the Triumph. He had a good look, walking around and around it and then he looked at us, spotted the helmets and came over. His English wasn't the best but who am I to criticise. It was a million times better than my Czech but the Memsahib took over and interpreted.
He loved the Triumph. Turns out he'd travelled to East Germany in 1964 to see the ISDT. He vividly remembered seeing Steve McQueen on his Triumph. We had a great chat before he bid us farewell.

picture_330.jpg
(François Gragnon)

Joe's Garage

Western Thunderer
Hmmmm....nice to see the trams appearing Rob...and keeping to the Gerry Anderson theme "Anything can happen in the next half hour......"
Looking forward to seeing more of Project W.
All the best
Julian

Phil O

Western Thunderer
Hi Rob,

Sorry about not remembering your name on Friday, but I was under some stress, with a couple of novice operators and a layout that had some early exhibition teething troubles.

I hope that you enjoyed the show, there were some very good trainsets to see and enjoy. I did manage to get a look round on Saturday morning, before the masses were unleashed.

Hope so catch up with you at a future show.

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Hi Rob,

Sorry about not remembering your name on Friday, but I was under some stress, with a couple of novice operators and a layout that had some early exhibition teething troubles.

I hope that you enjoyed the show, there were some very good trainsets to see and enjoy. I did manage to get a look round on Saturday morning, before the masses were unleashed.

Hope so catch up with you at a future show.
Hi Phil.

Please don't worry about that. I fully understand. It's not easy for people as I persist in varying the facial hair which throws things somewhat. I did notice you were somewhat isolated where you were, in fact, I couldn't see the point of using that room as there appeared to be space downstairs.
Other than that, yes it was a very good show. Lots of gossiping and a few purchases of essential reading material. A nice time was had. Even watched some trains.

I'm off to Exmoor next. Then Exeter and Railwells with layouts so hopefully see you there.

Rob

Phil O

Western Thunderer
Hi Rob,

Non of us on the upper floor could understand the point of being up there, I'm pretty sure that the footfall was less than the other halls on the ground floor.

I spent too much on reading material, and an unexpected bonus coach kit, at the show.

I can't get to Minehead, as I'm at a concert in Brum that weekend, but I plan to visit the other two.

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
I shall look forward to seeing you, Phil. Your hall did seem rather quiet compared to the rest of the show. I do hope they rethink that area.

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
The above started with...

"I wonder what an engine shed will look like...there"

20240505_162304-02.jpeg

And by moving the platform back, I wondered if I could pop a short bay in.........

20240505_162258-01.jpeg

To do that, I needed to take up the DAS and straighten the engine release.

It means that to run around, trains will need to reverse back before the engine pulls forward to run around but a little embuggerance is no bad thing. The bay will also add a little something to proceedings.

It's a pity I didn't see this a couple of months ago........

Rob.