7mm The Rhubarb Triangle Line

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Not much to report on day three.

The guys were only here for the morning and because they relaid flags to extend our patio we cannot get out into the garden itself until tomorrow. They have also put block paving around the edge of the lawn area to make a mowing strip, which was a good idea on the part of the landscaper (and the only bit of input that he had into the design - Chris designed the rest). They are back in the morning to build some steps up from the patio so I should be able to take more progress photos tomorrow evening.

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Day four ended in the dark last night so I have just taken piccies this afternoon. They were supposed to come back today to finish off a few little jobs but no sign of them yet (that doesn't mean that they won't come - the guys that did most of yesterdays efforts didn't come back until 5:30 last night:confused: ).

9678272309_55fff1b04e_b.jpg

9681514812_951ecd2e7c_b.jpg

One of the outstanding jobs in the view above is to remove the supports that were put in to hold the sleepers firm while the concrete set.

9678283471_c08da2aff5_b.jpg

9678288791_de99a348ef_b.jpg

9681531976_e432fb7492_b.jpg

9681537712_8de709f830_b.jpg

9681543898_10800e540b_b.jpg

9681548966_84e3168fed_b.jpg

9681553624_f9b67fdb83_b.jpg

9681558256_5ecf96f926_b.jpg

There was quite a bit of cleaning up to do too but Chris fell soft and has done quite a bit of sweeping up and hosing down today.

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Thanks Guys, as expected the gardeners turned up at about 6:20 and they have now done all the little finishing off jobs.

It's too dark for photos so they may have to wait until Sunday now as we are heading off to Telford later in the morning tomorrow.

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Does that include all the uprights and boards for the track?:thumbs:

Seriously though it's looking good. So next summer out on the decking with a glass of your favourite tipple and watching the trains go by. Something to look forward to.

Sadly not, and although construction won't start until the spring summer on the decking watching trains go by is a possibility:thumbs:

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Rob,

can't see any spray paint marks on the ground for the trackbed, did Chris use satin varnish by mistake?:)):)):))

I'll get my coat.

Great to see you both at the weekend.

cheers

Mike

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
The railway in the making has a name:thumbs:

As I mentioned in an earlier post I thought that this would be parked until the spring but Chris asked me yesterday if I would like to get as much as we can sorted before the winter sets in. I didn't need much any persuading, so she okayed the funds and a start was made by buying some metposts to start plotting the route.

The plan is to use 4'x4' (100mmx100mm) posts set 3' apart with 3'x2' (75mmx50mm) supports under the trackbed. All these will come from a local woodyard that is about a 1/4 mile away.

We also priced up some Medite Tricoya MDF for the trackbed - an initial look found a price locally of £135 per sheet for 12mm thick but a later search found some 18mm thick for the same money delivered from further away (I will post a link to it when I retrieve it from the other laptop).

Chris has worked out that we can get all that we need from four sheets (still an ouch moment:'( though). The plan is to double check the workings out and then get it ordered tonight.

Western Thunderer
Thats the spirit Rob,

Get the other half (Chris) interested,
Sell it to them,
Let them take over,
then they can't moan
& you get your railway :thumbs::thumbs:

That is my ploy (& Lancer's ?, for his) :))

Steve :cool: