Prototype SVR 7812 Erlestoke Manor

Dave Bowden

Western Thunderer
Hi all

Here's a couple of photos taken by me on Monday on a photo charter hosted by Matt Fielding.
The theme was to be a GWR Manor and coaching stock in late BR period i.e dirty
These were a posed shot whilst we were all de-training, at the Eardington Bank location.
I'll add some of the static Locos taken at various locations later. If anyone would like to see more of the days photos please say so! It was freezing first thing then sun and mist for the rest of the day, cracking.

SVR7812__1.JPG

SVR7812__2.JPG

Dave

Last edited:

adrian

Flying Squad
The theme was to be a GWR Manor and coaching stock in late BR period i.e dirty
Thanks for posting - I really like those photo's I think the weathered look makes it blend in with the landscape perfectly. Some times the high polish of preserved locos stand out like a belisha beacon in the middle of the landscape and can distract from the overall composition.

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Nothing like a real western engine, though they do have their foibles...

I used to pull the "..dirty engines look better than spotless engines.." when I was a cleaner.... All
I got was a clip round the ear and told to get on with it... Now I'm a fireman (bordering driver) you just can't get the cleaners! :)

JB.

Dave Bowden

Western Thunderer
Hi all

Having read a discussion between Phil Dyson and the FS as to where Prototype photos aught to be listed, I've now put the rest of the photos I took on the 7812 Erlestoke Manor on my Flickr page, I would have been going to do that anyway for other people outside of WT to view as well.

So see my link in the signature section.

Dave