Scale 7, Albury Spring Meeting 27th April 2024

Tim Humphreys ex Mudhen

Western Thunderer
Here are details of our forthcoming Spring meeting. All welcome you don't have to be an S7 member to attend,

Tim

Scale 7 Group Spring Meeting 2024​

Our Spring meeting will be held at Albury, Hertfordshire on Saturday 27th April. The meeting will be from 10.00 to 1600 with an entrance fee of £7.00 which will include tea, coffee and biscuits throughout the day. As in previous years there be a lunch available to purchase on the day.

This is a great opportunity for as many of us as possible to get together, meet old friends, make new ones and talk model railways.

Ian Norman will be bringing his new layout which is under construction although it will be operational. The layout is a loop which will allow continuous running, please bring locos and stock to run on the day.

Additionally in the vein of accurate scale and gauge modelling we have a fine example of an S Scale layout for you to see;
Trowland by Robert Rayner. The terminus of a Midland and Great Northern Joint Railway branch line in North Norfolk. This S scale layout is set firmly in the late 19th century. Including the following locomotives: Hawthorn 0-6-0ST number 6A, built in 1881, sold off by the M&GN to a brickworks by 1895; M&GN 2-4-0 number 3A was rebuilt from an ex North Cornwall Mineral Railways 0-6-0T as a 2-4-0 in 1891 at Melton Constable works, it lasted until 1899.

Once again there will be the opportunity to visit the Love Lane layout, it is only a very short drive from the hall. Work is taking place to expand its operational opportunities so you will be able to see the plans and progress made to date. The layout will be operational.

Traders and demonstrators in attendance will include;

Masterpiece Models,

Mark Wood Wheels

Intentio Model Railways

East Side Pilot a.k.a. Colin Dowling

Off The rails a.k.a. David Rayner

Stephen Loeber, a retired signalman will be here to talk about all things signals and signalling your layout.

The Love Lane ‘previously owned’ table will have a selection of books and assorted modelling items.

The address is:

Albury Village Hall

The Bourne

Albury Herts

SG11 2JD

Albury is easily reached from either East, M11 or West, A10 and then on to the A120. There is now a by-pass around Little Hadham so avoid taking the new road and continue along the old. At the Little Hadham traffic lights, turning to the north for around 3 miles will lead to Albury Village. The Village Hall is signposted from the centre of the village. There will be a Scale 7 sign on the traffic lights and on the village signpost.

If you have any questions please contact me, details are in the S7 Newsletter.

Tim Humphreys

Oz7mm

Western Thunderer
Graham

Visitors to Love Lane will be welcome from 12 noon onwards. We'll have some maps to show you the way and a couple of us will be on hand at the layout. Just ask one of the Love Lane team at the show - I'll persuade them to wear badges.

John

Lancastrian

Western Thunderer
Sadly, I’m not able to attend. Best Beloved isn't really able to travel, and foolishly I’ve agreed to collect my neighbours from the railway station at some point during the day. :(
Sorry to hear you'll miss the gathering Heather, it's always nice to see and say hello to you and Best Beloved.

Oz7mm

Western Thunderer
I'll make sure we put out an extra table. There will be some Love Lane group surplus to requirements items which will be offered on a "donation at your discretion" basis.

John

Boyblunder

Western Thunderer
There will be a “bring and buy” stall which will display a number of loco kits and rolling stock in various states of completeness including a well known 9F if not sold beforehand. There is a pile of strip wood and many miscellaneous items.