7mm Regans Yard

D1054

Western Thunderer
Can't find any fault in that, Guv! A bit of discarded paper here and there, a few down-pipes, and the budlea clinging on the ridge will look perfect against that backdrop. Getting excited about a trip to Chippenham now. Look forward to seeing this in the flesh sometime soon.:thumbs:

28ten

Guv'nor
Thanks chaps :) its getting there but its not 100% yet. where it does work is in the 'mortar not visible from 4ft but visible from 1ft' test. im going on the artistic principle that from normal viewing the mortar should be blending with the brickwork
these are some of the rejects :cool:
IMG_4840.JPG

for those interested the products used so far
IMG_4839.JPG

I will be running some experiments with oil paint as they can give a richer base colour, but it is still a big learning curve especially for someone like who is no artist :))

28ten

Guv'nor
Seeing as the sun was shining :) This is second base on the main wall, the overall colour and the first round of mortar and powders has been applied
IMG_4849.JPG

IMG_4841.JPG

But there is still a lot of work remaining, rain marks, chalk, moss, dirt, capping stones etc etc but its going in the right direction and I should get it stuck on the base this weekend

IMG_4843.JPG

28ten

Guv'nor
I found an old pack of DAS so I thought a crack at the deserted ground would entertain me for an hour :).

I used some offcuts to mark the edge of the embankment and chucked the DAS onto some pva glue - very theraputic :cool:
IMG_4850.JPG

It is smooth but with texture :)) there is plenty of scope for puddles, weeds and general detritus
IMG_4851.JPG

while this is drying for a few days I should round up the wall and trackbed. The 2 week estimate has been exceeded, but in fairness very little was done last week.

28ten

Guv'nor
Its now officially a layout :))
A scrap of foamboard raises the trackbed and gives it a shoulder, the track will have a squirt of red oxide before glueing in place
IMG_4857.JPG

For those of you who like this sort of thing there is plenty of inspiration in here.
IMG_4858.JPG

I really fancy doing a derelict pub......

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
or like this...
webmedia.jpg

Ah I wondered where my Mk 2 Cortina ended up ;), going back to your use of the " Old pack of DAS " have you any idea of how old the pack is? I know it sounds a silly question and it probably is :D, but I still have some un- opened packs from the days of Ditchling Green and wondered if it had a shelf life ?

Martyn.

28ten

Guv'nor
The DAS was about 5 years old, but if it is sealed it should be ok

Heres yer pub, Hat and Feathers - flattened in photoshop and quick outline in Draftsight

h&f.JPG

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Strewth......

I turn my back for 5 minutes and you've gone and built the bloody thing.

Er, should I not consider the size of the plot and general topography........

I do admire the use of technology, though. Now, if your pubatron can do ready tiled roofs as well:)

28ten

Guv'nor
Rob, its not the laser it is the drawing time, I ran my desktop job timer and from downloading the first photo to the test piece coming out of the laser is 1hr.30 including cutting. But there are no lintels, no assembly tabs etc etc so it slows down from here. and I hadnt planned on doing the back either....
Richard, you need about 1sq ft :) the tiles are lasered from paper or card

Quick bit of photoshop and a test for the windows...
IMG_4869.JPG

Reactions: mth

Alan

Western Thunderer
Very effective weathering on the viaduct:thumbs:

Oh yes I meant to say that as well,excellent Cynric. But I've been celebrating the winning of the Triple Crown at Twickenham.