Reading Show

S

SteveO

See you all there.
Graham, will you be wearing your hat?
Are you bringing any goodies Steph?

Heather Kay

Western Thunderer
Just got back in, so I thought a quick comment while the tea mashes would be in order.

Boy! I enjoyed that show. Time flew! I didn't buy everything I had planned, mainly through spending so long nattering. It was great to meet up with everyone again, even though I haven't quite got names and faces aligned properly.

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
... spending so long nattering. It was great to meet up with everyone again, even though I haven't quite got names and faces aligned properly.
Same here although my tipfer titfer was recognised by one or two members of the public whom I associate normally with the smaller scales.

I had a long talk to Railwaymaniac who finally confessed to having a dose of "forgetting names".... I recommended sticking a name badge under the mirror so as to ensure a consistent start to each day.

S

SteveO

Really enjoyed the show, even though I didn't get everything I needed. Class 22 cabs and a few ABS wagons were the most notable. However, I did get to buy some wheels for the Cl22 and for my other Cl17, which I also picked up. Seeing and hearing my new Heljan 37 on the test track was exciting – my second sound loco.

The best bits were the chats with everyone. Your good selves, of course (I'm pretty sure I called Heather 'Kay' as that was the only name that jumped out at me at the time, apologies!). A quick chat with Lawrie and Pete on their stand was good, but I completely forgot to ask about their Cl22 delivery date. Always interesting to chat with Adrian Swain and I passed on a new exhibit for his Black Museum. Slaters were not happy as they had a gauge 1 loco kit nabbed off their stand – ouch! Mind you, paying over £55 for a set of BoBo wheels, I felt I was robbed too... A really good sarnie and catch-up with John Birch, rounds it off.

Heather Kay

Western Thunderer
(I'm pretty sure I called Heather 'Kay' as that was the only name that jumped out at me at the time, apologies!)

I answer to most things, so no worries there! :D

I think we actually missed about two-thirds of the stands. So busy talking and catching up.

While I managed to buy most of what I was after (everything in place for the upcoming 57xx build except crew figures and tools, for example), I realised I'd missed a couple of bits and pieces about half-way back down the M3. Internet orders, here we come!

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
It was nice to see everyone again and have a good natter about trains.

Thanks to Heather for bringing along the Mk1s - they looked excellent!

I didn't buy much, just a fire devil from Ragstone Models to accompany the water column I purchased at Telford (I knew I'd forgotten something at the time!) and a Slater's Van BY, which is my Christmas present.

Thought about buying a milk tanker but decided to save something for Bristol in January.

Regards

Dan

Ian G

Western Thunderer
A good few hours for me good to meet others from here, I only picked up a few bits and bobs and a southern machinery well from ABS, I think i visited all the stands as I was on a research trip of parts for a LSWR brake 3rd converted to engineers coach with sliding doors, this i have to fit servo actuated brakes, so roller bearings is a must with a possible sprung bogie, only 3 photos of the coach exist.

Ian G

Western Thunderer
It's a trade show, so no layouts. I guess some pics of the interesting stuff on display could have been taken, but I didn't think about it - being too busy rushing about.

Oh i didnt realise Heather, Ive never been, so thought it was a smaller Telford :oops::oops:

Steve :cool:

Heather Kay

Western Thunderer
Oh i didnt realise Heather, Ive never been, so thought it was a smaller Telford :oops::oops:

No probs. The ALSRM show at the same venue earlier in the year has layouts, which might also lead to some confusion as everyone refers to both events as "Reading". :))

Osgood

Western Thunderer
The same Reading show last year had a good selection of layouts, Steve - but none this year. I hadn't noticed the advisory note to this effect on the Guildford Group website, but no matter - I could have spent another whole day going around the trade stands (again)!!!

Tony

Western Thunderer
I'm like that at Telford. I only get one day & i'm so busy round the trade stands i only usually get about an hour to look at the great layouts on show :(

Steve :cool: