Reading Show

Len Cattley

Western Thunderer
I had a good talk to Steph but didn't talk to anybody else because I don't know anybody (it's a shame nobody introduced themselves to me I don't bite)

Len

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Hi Len

The best way to get to know people is to come to the (usually) 1.00pm meet, and introduce yourself there. There are normally 8-10 present.

Cheers

Richard

Osgood

Western Thunderer
I met someone late in the day, I said 'I'm Osgood who are you?' - he said 'How much time have you got' - but I can't find him on the member list.:confused:

Actually maybe the last show I attended was the ALSRM one that Heather mentioned, not the trade show....:oops:

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Sounds like Graham:)
What am I to make of that comment?

Actually, my recollection of the meeting is more like:-
Heather to Tony... this is Graham, Western Star I think.
Tony to Graham... Ah, you are Mr. Dodge-man.
Graham to Tony... I am just about to go for a cuppa.

Other words and phrases have been omitted on the basis that such might make the discussion more embarassing. To add to the story, another member of the public appeared at the same time and entered into discussion with Heather and I - "The Stationmaster" from RMWeb and a person for whom I have great respect (Mike has more than 30 years on the railway on the operations side and a great contributor of such knowledge to RMWeb).

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
... looked far too laid back to have driven a WW2 Dodge 40 odd miles before attending the show.

Yup, up at 6am that morning to load camping gear into the Dodge, 7.30am departure to a Scout Camp 40 miles from home, just over 90 minutes drive. B****y cold even with a blanket around the legs, must invent heated ear defenders. Got a train to Reading so arrived rather cold and tired, stopped for cuppa and a wad on the way from the station.

I was surprised at just how many WTers were present, seemed that I could not walk more than twenty feet without stopping to natter to somebody from this forum. Those Mk.1s of Heather's made my day, beautiful :thumbs: .

Railwaymaniac

Western Thunderer
{severe edit} A quick chat with Lawrie and Pete on their stand was good, but I completely forgot to ask about their Cl22 delivery date. {/severe edit}

Sorry guys, I've only just seen this . .

I too asked Pete about the Class 22, and after some huffing and puffing he said "Sometime in the new year", and "Kettering" . . .

Sounds good to me ! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Ian

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Sorry guys, I've only just seen this . .

I too asked Pete about the Class 22, and after some huffing and puffing he said "Sometime in the new year", and "Kettering" . . .

Sounds good to me ! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Ian

Timing is pretty good; anyone fancy an all-wheel shaft-drive transmission for their loco?
No? Oh well....:D
Steph

Cliff Williams

Western Thunderer
Laurie said they had just had the last major part delivered for the 22, so he might have it in time for the Glasgow show - I keep badgering him for them too!