RailEx NE 2014 and 2015

Caggers

Western Thunderer
This years RailEx NE is again at The Parks Sports Centre in North Shields on August 23rd and 24th 2014.

http://www.railexne.com/

However, the 2015 Exhibition will be moving location and dates in 2015.

The 2015 dates are December 12th and 13th, the location is still under wraps. But I can confirm parking will be a dream which is not always the case for exhibitions, the layout schedule is almost sorted and will also be promoted once the 2014 Exhibition has passed...

RAILEX NE Poster 2014v2.jpg

Welcome to Rail Ex North East 2014 organised by the Blyth & Tyne Model Railway Society. This is our 46th show we have organised and the 5th at the Parks Sport Centre.

As regular visitors to the exhibition will be aware, we have continuously been trying to improve the quality of the layouts which are on display each year. It is therefore pleasing to hear the comments from visitors’ that it is something we have been accomplishing. Hopefully we have achieved the same standard or improved again this year.

This year the Exhibition will be officially opened by David Bavaird, Chairman of North Shields Chamber of Trade. We will have up to 40 layouts, representing layouts with a British theme and layouts from around the world ranging from N to O Gauge. We hope they will cover an area that is of particular interest to you or show you something out of the ordinary that will inspire you in your latest modelling project.
We also have 13 Demonstrations, covering most aspects of modelling and displays in Meccano. Also this year we have numerous layouts and demonstrations showing the latest technology in Model Railways – Digital Command Control (DCC). Please take your time to visit all parts of the Exhibition, and ask the exhibitors as many questions as you like. We also have a fine array of Local and National Trade support this year, supplying the railway modeller with just about everything they need, so please give them your support.

New for this year will be a modelling area for all children sponsored by Smart Models. All children will be able to construct a free card building and be able to take it home with them. We respectfully ask all parents to assist in the supervision of their children during this task.
A wide range of food and refreshments are provided by the Sports Centre catering staff in the Cafe. Stop by for some refreshments and a bite to eat whilst you take a break from watching the trains go by. New also for this year will be a BBQ situated at the end of the Cafe (Weather permitting). There is also a free soft play area for children, and as well for a small charge your little one can have their face painted, next to the Cafe. Who will the first to have 'Thomas or Percy'?
This year we have our usual Tombola. This way you get your prizes straight away. There are many fine prizes this year including Loco’s donated by Hornby and Dapol. So please stop by admire the prizes and buy a ticket or two. There is also our usual stand of used magazines available for a donation.
Special thanks must go to North Tyneside Council for their invaluable support in helping us arrange this exhibition at The Parks Sport Centre and to Booklaw Publications for their continued support.

Also thanks must go to all the Exhibitors for supporting the show and the Traders for their continued support in the programme and the show.
Please take the time to fill in the Questionnaire your comments are important to us. This will enable us to continue to improve the exhibition for your continued enjoyment for years to come. Also don’t forget to vote for your favourite layout on the questionnaire. This form can be left at the entrance desk.
The winner of the Chairman’s Trophy awarded by David Bavaird Chairman of North Tyneside Chamber of Trade was ‘Wibdenshaw' and the most favourite layout for 2013 voted by you was ‘Alloa’ and the winner for the best ‘2mm/N Gauge layout’ in memory of Bill Hildreth voted by you was ‘Fencehouses’.

Finally we must thank Tony Morrissey the Sports Centre Manager and his Team for all their sterling work this weekend. They must be thinking what have they let themselves in for.

Once again we hope you have an enjoyable time at the exhibition and we look forward to welcoming you at our new venue 'The Quorum Business Park, Longbenton, Newcastle on our new dates of the 12th & 13th December 2015 for next year's RAILEX NORTH EAST Show.

Chris Stafford,
Exhibition Manager.

Apologies for the multiple posts it won't allow me to post all the information together as it is over 15,000 characters.

2mm & N Gauge

1) Irgendwohn im Allgau – German Epoch III/IV – N.

2) Freds, Hartshill Bank – Modern Image – N.

3) Hoglington - BR(E) 1960's - N.

4) Brackley Central - BR(E) - N.

5) Tucking Mill - S&DJR 1920's - 2mm.

6) Corrieshalloch - BR(SC) 1980's - 2mm.

HO Gauge

1) Salz OBB – German 2000.

2) Murrayville Yard – American.

EM - P4 Gauge

1) Birmingham Moor Street – BR(W) 1960’s to 1980’s – P4.

2) Blackgill – BR(NE) 1950 to 1967 - P4.

3) Lee-on-the-Solent - LSWR 1912/SR 1930 - P4.

4) Cricketters Green - BR(S) 1980's to 1990's - EM.

OO Gauge

1) Herdston – Modern Image/Preserved Line 2000.

2) Hartburn Junction – BR(NE) 1948 to 1962.

3) Ringburn Yard – BR(SC) 1980’s to 1990’s.

4) The Maxwell Colliery Loading Point – BR(SC) 1988 to 1994.

5) Abbey Road – London Underground Present Day.

6) Airthey Park – BR(SC) 1985.

7) Chollerford – BR(NE) 1950 to 1958.

dirol.gif Loughborough Midland – BR 1980’s to 2000.

9) Thomas & Friends.

10) Highbridge - BR 1950's to 1970.

11) Towcester - BR 1978.

12) Tom's Rusty Yard.

13) Meopham East Junction - BR(S) 1960's.

14) Fastleigh - BR(SC) 1960's.

15) Havantacloo TMD - BR 1980's

Sm (1:64 Metre Gauge)

1) La Baraque - French 1920's.

32mm Narrow Gauge

1) Mers-les-Bains - French Metre Narrow Gauge.

ON30

1) Karolina Falls - American.

32mm Gauge

1) Western Avenue - American 1960's.

O Gauge

1) Maristow GWR 1900 to 1910.

2) Leavesden BR Network SouthEast – 1986 to 1994.

3) Lochdubh BR(SC) 1950's

G Scale – Gauge 1

1) Beamish Colliery – NCB (Northern Area) 1960’s.

Demonstrations
1. 4mm Loco Building by Peter Stanger.
2. 4mm Wagon Building by Phil Carss.
3. NER Coal Staiths by David Fraser.
4. 2mm Road Show by 2mm Association.
5. EM Gauge Society.
6. M.E.R.G.
7. OO Gauge Buildings by Dave Young.
8. Loco & Rolling Stock Painting & Weathering by Lee Edmondson
9. Slide Show by Dave Dunn.
10. Card Buildings Modelling by Brian Taylor (Smart Models) -Website
11. Tree Building by Jacqui Perrat.
12. Children's Modelling Area.
13. Model Rail Scotland.

And finally the Traders -
Traders
1. Pooleys Puffers - Website
2. Book Law- Website
3. Hobby Holidays
4. R.C.T.S- Website
5. Conti-Kits- Website
6. Durham Trains of Stanley -Website
7. Alexander Models -Website
8. Skytrex -Website
9. Ten Commandments -Website
10. DCC Supplies -Website
11. Nairnshire Modelling Supplies- Website
12. Squires Tools & Crafts - Website
13. Picture Pride Displays Ltd. -Website
14. North Road Trains- Website
15. Lord & Butler (Dirty Boy Weathering)- Website
16.Tanfield Railway- Website
17.76084 Locomotive Company Limited - Website
18.Railwayana Auctions UK LTD- http://www.ukrailwayana.com
19. Layouts for U - New for 2014
20. All Components - New for 2014
21. Footplate Models - Website
22.Cheltenham Models - New for 2014
23.Videoscene
24. Penduke Models
25.Trackside Signs
26.Ceynix Model Trees
27. Smart Models
28. ADM Turntables - New for 2014
29. Lees Locos - New for 2014

Advance tickets are now available for sale from the following -

By post from - RAILEX NE Exhibition Manager, 12 West View, Northgate, Morpeth, Northumberland NE61 3BT (Please enclose a stamped addressed envelope), cheques payable to 'Blyth & District MRS'.

From DCC Supplies -http://www.dccsuppli...vcm65c3&x=0&y=0

From Smart Models via RAILEX NE website - http://www.railexne....uy-tickets.html

All advance tickets will allow entry to the show 30 minutes before official opening at 10am.

Prices for all tickets are -

Adults - £6, Children - £3, Family (2+2) - £15

Don't stay at home come along and play trains with us.

Attachments

• Zone Map TVM Map_2.pdf
    166.7 KB · Views: 1
Hi All,
Latest version of the floor plan (Who knows how long it will last before I have to make numerous changes)!!!

exhibition plan 2014 (A4).jpg

Regards

Chris

Broad Sword

Western Thunderer
Meopham East Junction is back in my shed after a wonderful and interesting weekend. Speaking for Steve, we enjoyed the weekend meeting friends old and new. The hotel was an eye-opener with the largest bedroom I've ever seen in a very long time but the neighbouring room occupants took some believing. (All the next rant has nothing to do with Chris and his team) They woke us on the Saturday morning with what sounded like a video at about 5.00am and then did better on the Sunday morning with an alarm which went off at 4.50am for about 20 minutes. Rant mode off.
The layout ran very well and attracted a great deal of attention. We managed to pack up and exit the hall in an hour and I was home in just over three hours. I could have been quicker but (the next bit will come as surprise to Steve as I did my best not to make the situation obvious ) but after the Tyne tunnel I noticed that my vans brakes seemed to require more pressure than usual and the situation got steadily worse as we progressed. This morning the pedal almost goes to the floor and to-morrow I shall ring my local garage and ask them to send their recovery truck.
All this aside as I said, our thanks go to Chris and everyone by who's efforts the show went so well.