Pottery Quay. EM test track / shunting plank.

Phil O

Western Thunderer
Hi Tim,

The boats arrived intact sometime on or before Thursday, I did PM you on Friday with my thanks.

Thanks.

Phil O

Western Thunderer
And now back to a bit of modelling, I have got the basics of the first pair of doors sorted, it took a couple of attempts to get a satisfactory result.

Low 13.jpg

The doors are just roughly placed in position, whilst I consider how to proceed.

Phil O

Western Thunderer
OK, a little more work done.

Low 14.jpg

A rail added for the door runners and a top for a pelmet to protect the gubbins from the weather.

Low15.jpg

Pelmet front and doors placed in situ until I have painted the main building, as I don't know what might be visible when put in place. Opps! looks like a bit of filler is need around the window.

Phil O

Western Thunderer
Just by way of a quick update, before I go on holiday. I foolishly volunteered to build an 'N' gauge turnout for a club layout as the Peco one was causing problems, it has taken me a lot, lot longer to construct than all the trackwork on here. I still don't know if it works, as the other club members have yet to sort a switching mechanism.

N Turnout.jpg

Before I left, I plonked all the wagons on the layout and the bits and pieces of low relief buildings, as a sort of state of the layouts current progress.

Low 15.jpg

Low 16.jpg

Low 17.jpg

Low 18.jpg

low 19.jpg

Sorry about the quality, of some of the snaps and the general detritus spread about the place, but it was a last minute effort to catch the ferry, back last night.