Polite Newbie Introduction

D

Danny

Dear all,

I am new to participating in forums, but have been introduced to WesternThunder by several members of the S7 West Mersea group who will know me already.

I am a complete novice to modelling in ‘O guage’, and after struggling for months with a Black 5 kit which I purchased (despite advice from everybody not to), due to my overly high ambition, coupled with inadequate skill level, and lack of general understanding (tool requirements etc), I am now modelling a J67 tank engine from Connoisseur models.

After one month of purchasing the kit, the J67 is already running and almost there and I can’t wait to don my ‘engine driver’s hat’ kindly bought for me by my director from the Somerset Railway at our next club meeting, which I am sure which will be to the amusement of other club members!

Cream cakes will also be provided to club members for celebration purposes of getting my first engine running – so they hopefully should be kind?….

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
Great to see you on hear Danny, I trust we'll get to see more pictures. If not here I hopefully hear about goings on at WMHQ in the newsletters when I get round to paying my membership :headbang:

ATB Mick

28ten

Guv'nor
Hi Danny and welcome. the first completed build is always a big step, I remember the first time I first had an M&L 517 grinding along a bit of track :eek: buoyed with confidence I went P4, tried a perseverance chassis, and after throwing at the wall in frustration went O Gauge:)) haven't touched 4mm since - MRJ and Iain Rice have something to answer for :cool:

marsa69

Western Thunderer
At this rate I think we'll need to be moving home soon to somewhere bigger!

Welcome aboard the good ship 'Fruitcake' as you need to be a bit stark raving mad to begin with :D And that's just the Guv'nor :p

Regards,

Mark

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
A polite introduction...?!? I dunno... not sure you're gonna fit in here....:confused:

Oh, hang on....:rolleyes:

Welcome, Come right in, laddie :) - straight to the Back of the Class..!!!! :D:thumbs:
(Budge up, Marsa, there's a good chap....)

Just how many chairs do you have back there? I recollect someone saying that there is a queue to get in, promoting a new member to the elite has no precedent. Oh, you just set one - humm, you will need a longer queue.

Welcome Danny.

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
Good to see you on here Dan, we're all nuts:D of the same thread on here mate.
J tank looks good I think there might be room for a J tank owners club at the rate we're going.:rolleyes:

ATB, Col.

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Danny,

Welcome to the forum. In amongst the very good natured banter, you'll find there are a lot of guys on here who are really helpfull. Like everyone else I look forward to learning of your successfull test run!

Steph

Good to see you on here Dan, we're all nuts:D of the same thread on here mate.
J tank looks good I think there might be room for a J tank owners club at the rate we're going.:rolleyes:

ATB, Col.

Col, Do I qualify with my LBSCR J-tanks....? :confused:

Steph

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
Danny,

Welcome to the forum. In amongst the very good natured banter, you'll find there are a lot of guys on here who are really helpfull. Like everyone else I look forward to learning of your successfull test run!

Steph

Col, Do I qualify with my LBSCR J-tanks....? :confused:

Steph
Hah, a J tank is a J tank :D ..... so why not.

Col.

Buckjumper

Flying Squad
What-ho Danny, joined the mêlée at last! The West Mersea Mob holds a pretty big constituency on here now. Polling for 'Eastern Thunder'

Whoops, incoming buns...