Only Just Joined And I Have A Question!!

Joe's Garage

Western Thunderer
I am new to this forum having been introduced to this by Simon Castens. I am mainly intested in O gauge and have a broad interest in railways covering the GWR, GER, LTSR, GNSof R and the Glyn Vallwy Tramway. I guess this is such an absorbing hobby that you get lost in the amount that is now available. Simon's bookshop is a wonderful place to lose oneself from the pressures of every day life and turn back the clock.
I recently swapped some N gauge stock for a David Andrews Severn and Wye FJ 060 O gauge kit (complete) of Will Scarlet. Impulse reaction..maybe not as it was taken on by the GWR and rebuilt at Swindon. In 1911 it ran on the Aberayron Branch, which I have a particular interest in. At this point having tried to get some information on it I am in two minds what to do...do I build it in the rebuilt condition (haven't got much on this) or do I sell it?!!
Anyway when I have more time I will look through the various postings and while away many an hour...should I be working?? Yes!!

Old Buffer

Western Thunderer
Welcome to the mad house, looks like you have plenty of stuff on the go, and lets be honest, work is too boring. Are you going to be the great area 51 or the Gas Works Rejects set, looks 50/50 to me at the moment.
Alan

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Are you going to be... ...the Gas Works Rejects set

Hey, that is not fair.... no religion here please otherwise you will be promoted very quickly to the Back Row and no remission for good behaviour (although your post suggests that good behaviour might be in short supply).

Welcome Joe, go on, build it, never enough S&W and SBR stuff around.

regards, Graham

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
Welcome aboard :) .

I look forward to the LT&SR (later Midland) as my grandfather used to travel on this line from Leigh on Sea to Fenchurch Street as a schoolboy.

Joe's Garage

Western Thunderer
Well thank you for all the nice replies. Maybe I should justify my interests. My first is and always be the GWR...why?? Well I was born a short distance from the PAddington Bristol mainline in Maidenhead and can just about remember the sound of steam engines pulling late evening goods trains. I went to school next to the line and spent many a lunchtime trainspotting the diesel hydraulics...copped all the Westerns in '71. I was destined to be a train enthusiast as my father had a strong influence on us as kids. My brother went on to cars...Scalextic etc. My Grandfather was an apprentice at Swindon in 1898 so that moght have had an effect?!
I am like any other enthusiast I guess as I am always picking up a book or magazine and being distracted...hence the interest in the lines east of London. I blame the article in a 1993 Railway Modeller for the diversion to the GNSoR and the Glynn Valley Tramway...well my other Grandfather came from that area...so I am told!

One other thing though I didn't mention...I have more than a passing interest in the New York Central circa 1957!

Old Buffer

Western Thunderer
Another darksider then, it looks very much like its going to be an add on to area51, will there be a renaming to "Area51, the dark side".
Alan