O Gauge Heljan 33 Improvements and JLTRT MK2s.

tomstaf

Western Thunderer
Tom

Are you happy that the tanks are the right width ?

Would I need to do this mod for a 1967 33 ?

Thanks

Richard

Hi Richard,

No they are too wide. I filed the centre section back by several mm on each side though so they're now under the body like they should be.

I'd have thought these various parts would have been on the 33s from built. You can certainly see them on shots of cromptons in the late 70s onwards.

Cheers

Tom

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Hi Richard,

I'd have thought these various parts would have been on the 33s from built. You can certainly see them on shots of cromptons in the late 70s onwards.

Cheers

Tom

Do these help? A bit early for 1967 but they may tell you what the tanks looked like as built. I'm not sure how much help the one in Eastleigh Works will be either as much of the underpinning is obscured by variuous items of works tat.

D6504.  Ashford Works.  5 April 1961.  Personal Collection.  Photo by Brian Dale.  FINAL.jpg

D6504 in Ashford Works Yard. 5th April 1961.

D6558.  Eastleigh Works.  23 May 1965.  Personal Collection.  Final.  Photo Brian Dale.jpg

D6558. Eastleigh Works. 23rd May 1965.

Brian

tomstaf

Western Thunderer
Hi Tom,:)

will you be ordering batches (when happy with them), or will your supplier be marketing them?

Also are you going the move the bogie springs inboard in due course?

Kindest,

CME:)

Hi CME,

Yes, bogie springs will be moved back and as much bogie detail going on as poss including new steps.

I'm happy with the bodyside parts :D Just working my way through the under frame bits. My supplier - hahaha it's only me! Yes, they'll be available in due course.

Cheers

Tom