Ian G

Western Thunderer
I was pointed this way by Brush Type 4 from RMWeb, after a request on info for a Steve Beattie class 22, the first question is who has built one and any pointers would be good, as I intend to purchace one and willing to sort out any problems.
My main modelling era is blue diesel in to sector livery in 7mm, the 22 will be for our clubs layout Oakhampton as I dont realy build steam.

Ian G

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
Welcome Ian, glad to see another blue era modeller :thumbs:

I'm sure Jordan has built a class 22 so should be able to give you some pointers.

daifly

Western Thunderer
Jordan (of this parish) had a thread on the old RMweb - as did several others - on the trials and tribulations of building this kit. I have copies of those threads complete with photos, but with the smilies etc removed to improve readability. I'll happily send you copies of them as .pdfs if you are interested. They will almost certainly convince you to wait for the expected JLTRT kit or the Dapol RTR (or take up another hobby). They certainly convinced me to keep my money in my pocket.

Cheers

Dave

D1054

Western Thunderer
Hello Ian, Welcome aboard. Good to have another true BLUE and look forward to seeing some of your stuff (pics always welcome here!). I hope you do tackle the Beattie 22 - It can be turned out very nicely (Richard Dockerell's being one for sure), but it IS a challenge.

All the best and hope you enjoy the Forum

Boris.

D

D7093

Welcome aboard Ian:thumbs:

Might be worth waiting for the JLTRT cl22 kit, which will be a breeze compared to the SB model. I part built one a few years back which I eventually sold on, their was a lot of fettling just to make a half decent model. I had a thread on an earlier RMweb, but I don't think its accessible at the moment.

Trevor.

daifly

Western Thunderer
Might be worth waiting for the JLTRT cl22 kit, which will be a breeze compared to the SB model. I part built one a few years back which I eventually sold on, their was a lot of fettling just to make a half decent model. I had a thread on an earlier RMweb, but I don't think its accessible at the moment.

Trevor.
As I mentioned in my earlier post, I have a copy of this thread (including photos) if anyone wants a copy

Cheers

Dave

D

D7093

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I have a copy of this thread (including photos) if anyone wants a copy

Cheers

Dave
Dave,
If you have a copy of my thread your welcome to start a thread on here with it if anyone's interested and even though it never got finished:D
Trevor.

daifly

Western Thunderer
Dave,
If you have a copy of my thread your welcome to start a thread on here with it if anyone's interested and even though it never got finished:D
Trevor.
Trevor
I turned your thread (Jordan's and also someone called 'Druid's too) into documents for my reference purposes and for compactness. Thanks for the offer about starting a thread but, if you've no objections, I'll just send a copy to any of the brave souls who request one and are interested in doing battle with the SB 63xx kit.

Cheers

Dave

Pugsley

Western Thunderer
Thanks guys I think I will drop Steve a line, as a JLTRT kit is over my budget.
In which case, don't forget that you'll need one of these:
Hofiweb.jpg

and one of these:
111945.jpg
;):D

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
And Valium, a prayer book, Swear box , Oxyacetylene torch, planishing hammer, Lead loading tools, The patience of a saint, and last but by no means last someone else to finish it off for you:)) . In the words of the greatest comedian uncle Dave Allen Good luck and may your god be with you:)):)):))