New Member...........and Nother One Bites The Dust!

Stirling O

Hi Everyone,

This is just by way of a short introduction. I got bitten by the railway bug (I'm told there's no cure for it) in the mid fifties. An interest in model railways followed soon after. Since then I've really been an armchair modeller. However, three years ago, as retirement loomed, I decided that it was time to get out of the armchair and actually do somemodelling and build a layout..

So what to model. After much soul searching I decided to model in Scale 7, the aim being to build a layout based on the Hull & Barnsley Railway, c1910. As of yet, I've come up with a provisional layout plan designed on Templot, and built the baseboard. As soon as the layout plan is finalised, I'll start building track.
Fortunately, I'm a member of the Warley Model Railway Club, which has a Scale 7 section, so help and inspiration are to hand, and I'm sure fellow members on here will be generous with their advice and encouragement.

Well that's all for now.

Dave

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
Welcome Dave,

I for one will be following your layout and track building with interest, and I'm sure there are many other like minded folk on here who will also look forward to your posts :thumbs: .

All the best,

Martyn.

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Hello, Good morning and Welcome,

H&BR hmm, nice. 1910, yes very nice. S7, well that is good.

How many 0-8-0 engines are you going to build? And the minimum radius?

regards, Graham Beare (S7, GW&GC Jt 1910)

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
There are quite a few of us S7 lads here Dave, welcome, how's the Warley club?, I know a couple of the guys of the S7 side up there.

ATB, Col.

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
Now then Dave, we meet again :)) You'll be very welcome in Area 51, H&B a man after my own heart:thumbs: . Hope to see more postings soon,

ATB Mick

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Dave,

An interesting little project. I'm shortly to start work on a couple of LCDR T, which I think are all but identical to H&B 'A' class 0-6-0t. These are from Mercian kits for the Johnson 1f. There are other Midland locos that might help you...

I look forward to seeing what you make of it!

Steph

mickoo

Western Thunderer
I think the doing is the hardest part of all, conjugating, doodling and dreaming cost nothing LOL, but doing, well that means actually doing something :), congrats on your move to the 'doing' club.