New 7mm Member

K

Kristian1401

Hello!

Stumbled across this forum a while ago, but only just got around to making an account, My interests predominantly with Western Region steam and diesel hydraulics, I model mostly in 7mm but do have some stock of 4mm left from a few years ago, Im currently building a 7mm layout in my bedroom, but at the moment I am building stock which currently entails 3 engines, 21 wagons and a coach (currently being built)

Cheers

Kristian

S

SteveO

This sounds interesting. Do you have a trackplan and more details?

Welcome!

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Welcome to the Mad House which is known as WT.... steam and hydraulics? Nice. Green I hope!

How do you manage to get 21 wagons on the workbench at the same time?

best wishes, Graham

K

Kristian1401

Unfortunatly I haven't got any programmes to draw track plans in, and i dont want to offend anyones eyes with a drawing from paint!

Its a BR (W) Terminus, the length of the layout is 16 feet, but only the station board have been built which are 9 foot, but have been fully laid track wise, i can run around 2 coaches with something as big as a 4200
The coach I am currently building is a Hayworth coach kit of a Hawksworth Brake
Not all the wagons at the same time! ones ive previously built, only a Coach and an unstarted milk tank at the moment im afraid!

Cheers

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Its a BR (W) Terminus, the length of the layout is 16 feet, but only the station board have been built which are 9 foot, but have been fully laid track wise, i can run around 2 coaches with something as big as a 4200

You may need to add a bit to this... like describing what you mean by a "4200"... mind you, your profile info page is a give-away in that the South Devon Railway has a GWR 4200 2-8-0T. Interesting that... I knew some bods who were restoring that engine the first time around, circa 1974, when the engine was in the original South Devon Railway works at Newton Abbot.

regards, Graham

K

Kristian1401

If by South Devon Railway you mean the preserved line, there isn't a 4200, not last time I was down there saturday!
When i said a '4200' I did mean the 2-8-0 tank sorry that this wasn't clarified.

Cheers

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Unfortunatly I haven't got any programmes to draw track plans in, and i dont want to offend anyones eyes with a drawing from paint!

Cheers

Welcome to the mad house mate!. What pray is wrong with paint?, paint it BLUE no problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
If by South Devon Railway you mean the preserved line, there isn't a 4200, not last time I was down there saturday!

OK what is in a name between friends? There was a GWR 2-8-0T restored to run on one of the preserved lines in that part of the country... maybe moved on given that I was referring to something which took place almost forty years ago.

K

Kristian1401

'that part of the country' i like it !
Bodmin and Wenford have a 4200 and Paignton and Dartmouth has a 4200 and a 5200 i think both GWR 2-8-0's

I shall post a Paint image then, urrr sorry dont like blue! Brunswick green for me!

Cheers

K

Kristian1401

Railway1.pngJust getting the hang of this new type of forum so sorry if this Image comes out odd, but this is the main plan, the Red track is what hasnt been laid yet, and also the fiddle yard on the left...

Cheers

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
View attachment 11313Just getting the hang of this new type of forum so sorry if this Image comes out odd, but this is the main plan, the Red track is what hasnt been laid yet, and also the fiddle yard on the left...

Cheers
Welcome Kristian! Layout plan looks good. Any chance of some pics of what you have already? Especially looking forward to seeing all those wagons you have. ;) :thumbs:

K

Kristian1401

Sorry for the dealyed reply had to faff around with the photos , heres a couple i found!

DSC_2654R.jpg

DSC_2671R.jpg

This is quite a while ago before i put the transfers on the wagons then weatherd them!

K

Kristian1401

I must confess to an unholy sin....
Although this is a BR (W) Branch, I havent got any suitable engines at the minute, but im hoping to change that soon!
I currently have 2 Hunslet Austerities and a 0-4-0 Peckett, I did have a Bachmann 08 but had to sell that to fund other things!
Cheers for the warm welcome everyone :)

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Love the rocking chair.

You sure have a motive power problem... post #1 talks of three engines and we see four in the photo.... post #14 talks of three industrial tanks and yet - I think - there are two copper capped tender engines in one photo!

regards, Graham

K

Kristian1401

My Pride and joy, shes been weatherd since this but cant find a picture which shows it well enough!
DSC_2376R.jpg
DSC_2377R.jpg

Not all of those Locos are mine only 3 are which is the industrials, and at that point there was an 08 but thats been sold :)

K

Kristian1401

Hey Jordan

It can fit about 4 wagons in... I like shunting, so this suits me tbh!
Its off at an angle so its a little bit longer, the board have been re-used from another project and didnt want the railway to be all track and no scenery !

Kristian

westernfan

Western Thunderer
Hi Kristian my first attempt at an o gauge layout was approx 14ft long curving into a cassette fiddle yard i used about the same amount of turnouts and double slip as your plan on my effort ,its at the begining of my layout thread have a look on how not to build an o gauge model railway, ive learnt that the larger the scale the more space is need for the model to breath its realisum if you know what i mean. it a good move to have the boards that bit wider mine were approx two ft wide and i cussed myself for not making them six ins wider im looking to make my next boards open frame with risers so i can model a rail bridge over cameo .

they are a good bunch here if you have any questions im sure you will get some good pointers :thumbs: wf